"the most outdated thing on the internet" | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

"the most outdated thing on the internet"

I think we switched to the Syracusefan.com board Fishy set up for us in 2000. The Rivals menu shown above is dated 2007. We left for the current version in 2011. AOL was in the early 90's and only the ancients can remember it.
Yeah I may just remember reading about the AOL group from others... it's all one jumbled mess in my memory! The one thing I know for sure was that I had found the group in Colorado, and I know I was back in NYC working for MTV/NBC in the late 90s.

Idk who this guy is.

Reddit is a message board. Twitter is a message board without moderation. Facebook is a message board for my mom and her friends.
Reddit is. Threading topics easily is why message boards still exist. Reddit could do it. Twitter sucks as a fan and post aggregator . It’s good at other things

The r/collegebasketball national board is great.

There is still a place on the internet for this type of board. It’s way better than Twitter , and still slightly better than Reddit for this specific usage.

I think we switched to the Syracusefan.com board Fishy set up for us in 2000. The Rivals menu shown above is dated 2007. We left for the current version in 2011. AOL was in the early 90's and only the ancients can remember it.
Scout ( since bought by 24/7) was in between rivals and this iirc?

Paulie Scibilia on Orange Nation said he'd received what was said about him on Syracusefan.com and said that "message boards are the most outdated thing on the internet".

Bring me up to date. If there was no Syracusefan.com, where would we go to discuss SU sports? Zoom? Pinterest? Tik-Tok?
Paulie knows as much about the Internet as he knows about sports.

He should stick to what he knows the best.

Sweaty balls.

Paulie knows as much about the Internet as he knows about sports.

He should stick to what he knows the best.

Sweaty balls.
Tomcat quietly comes in here then all of a sudden

nacho libre funny gifs GIF

10 Things I Hate About You is a masterpiece and when my kids are a little older I'm going to show that to to them and say "this is a historically accurate documentary depicting high school life for white teens in the late 1900s."

And they won't believe me, but I'll know.

I'll know.
I enjoyed this parody of the Heath Ledger singing scene from 10 things I hate about you.

If this board died and didn’t reincarnate elsewhere I’d just go back to being ignorant again. Not like this board is doing THAT much to correct my natural state. Agreed with some here that Reddit is a good second choice, lots of college participation by fans of other schools and good ways of organizing threads.

Uh oh. I started on Prodigy. What comes before ancient?

So post game call in show with Brian Higgins started last night with three negative calls including one planting Boeheim for letting Quincy Guerrier go. Final caller identified himself as Paul from Liverpool. His take was he couldn’t understand why people couldn’t just be happy and relax for a little while after a nice win and an outstandingly enjoyable weekend. (Paulie sat behind me at Friday night’s event.)
I think his position is that it’s okay to be frustrated and disappointed by the last couple of years but the anger and hyperbole is over the top. Had one person in their chat Friday say “I am a lifelong Syracuse fan but if he comes back I hope they lose every game next year.” Points out that this is not the worst it can get and that “cleaning house” means no current staff and most players would be gone. Might not work out so well.
Think that all in all his takes are fairly pragmatic if a little bit tinged in orange, but not blindly homerism.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom