"the most outdated thing on the internet" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"the most outdated thing on the internet"

scout.png

Paulie Scibilia is, apparently, the 'boss' of the show, as well as the chief engineer and a co-host. I don't know if he's the station manager but his position above the other people on the show in the station hierarchy has been mentioned a few times. He's there at the Boeheim show as producer but doesn't get on the mike. He drives to all the games, (he doesn't fly), and sets everything up but isn't on mike for that, either. He's been co-hosting Orange Nation with Steve Infanti, Channel 9's sports director, for about 3 years now. He lets Steve do most of the interviewing and just expounds on things between then and on Twitch during the breaks, often vociferously.

He doesn't 'boss' the others on the air, except comically. He's a contrarian on most issues, which isn't a bad thing, (the majority view needs to acknowledge other points of view could have some validity), but he is a JB loyalist. He owns a pit bull he sometimes brings to the show and he serves and JB's pit bull in discussions. sometimes contradicting himself to do so. His position is that we haven't had 9 bad years by our previous standard since we went a Final Four and two Sweet 16s in that time: it's just been a couple of bad years. Yet he said that our record before the last 9 years was "crazy and insane that we did that, it's so difficult." Which means the last 9 years haven't been as good. He's finally admitted after the Georgia Tech game that "something is wrong and they gotta fix it", but that doesn't include getting a new coach.

Today he got into it with a fan who suggested he come out to some sports bars and see what the people are thinking. Paulie insisted, at length that he doesn't need anybody else's opinions he has his own, that what they say in bars and on the internet doesn't matter. He was quite the curmudgeon.

I went into that Sports Talk twitch deal a couple weeks ago to see what the locals were talking about.

Like 5 people in their chat room and they started talking about the Crunch. Out.

He must be raking in the dough.

JerseyJohnny….what a coward troll that guy was.

I remember he messaged me right before Rutgers played Syracuse at the Dome, talking all kinds of crap about how bad Rutgers was about to beat Cuse. Then the Doug Hogue/Derrell Smith game happened and when I want to reply to him he’d already blocked me. Lololololol.

Who the hell is Paulie scilbia
he's the guy who wants you to Email (?) your questions for the coach every week. i myself record them on TDK cassette tapes and mail them. that way the coach can gauge the true vocal tenor and audio range of my dolby discontent.

Last edited:
Is he related to the Scibilia’s from our side of town? I remember there was a Frank who might’ve been your year.

Paulie went to Westhill.

No idea if he's related to Frank or Dean.

Would he prefer that every bit of interaction on the web take place on Facebook and Twitter? Gag. I'm on both of those and Instagram because of work, and I like them to some extent, but I place a high value on forum-based communities such as this one. I've been on this site since '96 or '97 when I was living in Colorado - 25+ years with you boys and girls - and can't imagine interacting on the web solely on the big social networks. Does anybody want Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk, et al to have complete influence over the web? Not I.

he's the guy who wants you to Email (?) your questions for the coach every week. i myself record them on TDK cassette tapes and mail them. that way the coach can gauge the true vocal tenor and audio range of my dolby discontent.
do you have to put tape over the holes or did you not punch out the tab?

Would he prefer that every bit of interaction on the web take place on Facebook and Twitter? Gag. I'm on both of those and Instagram because of work, and I like them to some extent, but I place a high value on forum-based communities such as this one. I've been on this site since '96 or '97 when I was living in Colorado - 25+ years with you boys and girls - and can't imagine interacting on the web solely on the big social networks. Does anybody want Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk, et al to have complete influence over the web? Not I.

My first-ever post was on Syracuse.com in September 1999. It was about what conference SU should try to get in if we decided to leave the Big East. I favored the Big Ten over ACC, (but have since changed my mind). Do you remember your first post and what it was about? (Might make for a good thread.)

My first-ever post was on Syracuse.com in September 1999. It was about what conference SU should try to get in if we decided to leave the Big East. I favored the Big Ten over ACC, (but have since changed my mind). Do you remember your first post and what it was about? (Might make for a good thread.)
I wish I did! I definitely know I found syracusefan.com or whatever it was back then through the Syracuse.com forums, although I couldn't pin down exactly when it was. I'm pretty sure there was a period where I was posting on both at the same time. I can remember rick and cto and tomcat from fairly early on, I think probably because they were involved with running it. Hard to remember when it was so long ago. Maybe there was an aol period? It bounced around from place to place for a while. That would be fun in and of itself... knowing the different places the community was before we ended up here on xenforo in 2011 or whenever it was.

I wish I did! I definitely know I found syracusefan.com or whatever it was back then through the Syracuse.com forums, although I couldn't pin down exactly when it was. I'm pretty sure there was a period where I was posting on both at the same time. I can remember rick and cto and tomcat from fairly early on, I think probably because they were involved with running it. Hard to remember when it was so long ago. Maybe there was an aol period? It bounced around from place to place for a while. That would be fun in and of itself... knowing the different places the community was before we ended up here on xenforo in 2011 or whenever it was.

I think we switched to the Syracusefan.com board Fishy set up for us in 2000. The Rivals menu shown above is dated 2007. We left for the current version in 2011. AOL was in the early 90's and only the ancients can remember it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom