The most underrated play from yesterday bar none | Syracusefan.com

The most underrated play from yesterday bar none

Eric15

Living Legend
Umari Hatcher at the end of the first half. Garrett throws the pick, and the Army defender has an absolute convoy of blockers to the end zone. Hatcher ran like a greyhound 52 yards by my count in a dead-on sprint and tackled the player from behind, thus ending the half. If he had seen this from a distance and said "man that's too far, I'm out of the play" no one would have probably noticed. But he's the reason we weren't down 17-3 at half and the entire complexion of the game was different.

If we gave helmet stickers, I would give him like 10 of them. I love hustle plays like that.

8:33 mark.

Hatcher has stepped up, all around. Slowly, our weak receivers corp. is becoming a strength. Just wait until we have OG and Jones (assumes OG returns in lieu of going pro).
Hatcher needs to improve his upper body strength. Specifically, he needs to increase his arm and hand strength and the kid will become a star. He has a dog in him just needs a little more strength.

Umari Hatcher at the end of the first half. Garrett throws the pick, and the Army defender has an absolute convoy of blockers to the end zone. Hatcher ran like a greyhound 52 yards by my count in a dead-on sprint and tackled the player from behind, thus ending the half. If he had seen this from a distance and said "man that's too far, I'm out of the play" no one would have probably noticed. But he's the reason we weren't down 17-3 at half and the entire complexion of the game was different.

If we gave helmet stickers, I would give him like 10 of them. I love hustle plays like that.

No joke, that’s a beast of a play.

Thread is most underrated play, not best play. I didn't see anyone notice that Hatcher play in the game thread.

But even if it's best play, I will always choose one of our guys doing something athletically amazing over just getting lucky because an opponent screwed up.

Thread is most underrated play, not best play. I didn't see anyone notice that Hatcher play in the game thread.

But even if it's best play, I will always choose one of our guys doing something athletically amazing over just getting lucky because an opponent screwed up.
He hustles and has consistently blocked his ass off. He gets a little more slack for the drops from me for doing the dirty work.

He's going to very good.

I didn't realize it was Hatcher that made the play.

But yeah, the dude can fly.

Hadn’t noticed that wow. He came in like a rocket.

Also, I was worried that Army would get one more untimed play because of the penalty. I misunderstood the rule, I guess.

Also, I was worried that Army would get one more untimed play because of the penalty. I misunderstood the rule, I guess.
I think it was because it occurred prior to the change of possession. Wasn’t during the return.

WOW I completely missed how far Umari came to make that play - DAMN!!!!
Great call Eric15 and Great hustle from 17

Enormous play. I think people sort of figured the pick was coming back because the flag was thrown, but clearly that would have counted if he scored. Literally a game changing play, perhaps.

WOW I completely missed how far Umari came to make that play - DAMN!!!!
Great call Eric15 and Great hustle from 17
If there's one thing that the first play of the ND game last year taught me it's that Garrett probably isn't tackling anyone on a pick-six. Thank goodness Umari was there because I don't see Garrett making that play. And you don't really want your most important player making tackles anyway.

I thought the best play was Villari with a beautiful catch and run. I’m trying to remember what position he plays, but it’s the first time in awhile I seen someone that looks like a TE do TE things lol. Seemed like a lot of deep shots, which is nice, just wish they used middle of the field more

If there's one thing that the first play of the ND game last year taught me it's that Garrett probably isn't tackling anyone on a pick-six. Thank goodness Umari was there because I don't see Garrett making that play. And you don't really want your most important player making tackles anyway.

Garrett was a gimp for that game.

He couldn't even move to react to that - I'm pretty sure a healthy Shredder tries harder to make a play there.

That said - he's nowhere near the tackling QB that Dungey was. :cool:

You can see Pena start limping after the interception also. Did he play anymore after this play.

Thank you for posting. I was not sure who made the tackle, I thought it was LeQuint. I was going back to my DVR to see who made it. You saved me time doing that. I'm planning on calling Dino's show Thursday night and mentioning this play. It saved the day and prevented 3-17 like you said. The play was never mentioned in the postgame presser. Umari deserves props for this.

Enormous play. I think people sort of figured the pick was coming back because the flag was thrown, but clearly that would have counted if he scored. Literally a game changing play, perhaps.
So there was a flag on this play that called it back? The title of this thread should actually be" the most underrated play that wasn't a play bar none!" Or "the most underrated replay play bar none! Or maybe "Bar none, the most underrated play, that ended up a replay play but could have been play, if played correctly. "Obviously that does not diminish what happened on the play that wasn't a play technically.

So there was a flag on this play that called it back? The title of this thread should actually be" the most underrated play that wasn't a play bar none!" Or "the most underrated replay play bar none! Or maybe "Bar none, the most underrated play, that ended up a replay play but could have been play, if played correctly. "Obviously that does not diminish what happened on the play that wasn't a play technically.

The flag was on us prior to the pass (holding?). The TD most definitely would have counted and Hatcher most definitely prevented that from happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom