The NBA draft is now over and done... | Syracusefan.com

The NBA draft is now over and done...

Flacusian

All Conference
So now begins the most brutal stretch of time in all of sports. The NBA finals are over, for whatever limited entertainment value they offer to the frothing at the mouth College Basketball fan. The MLB season is in full swing (pun intended) but... yaaawnnn!. It seems like an eternity since we've had a player commit to be Orange and play hoops for the most exciting program in the Universe.

The stories on ESPN college basketball are stale and it seems like each article just languishes on the site for weeks at a time. No stories of interest to speak of. So here we are now in the middle of the Sargasso sea of the College Basketball year. Last year seems like a decade ago and the upcoming season just can't get here fast enough. It's complete and utter torture. No freakin Cuse Hoops INFO!!! Aarrrrghh. I can't stand it. There is so much to speculate on. Why can't some of these sports writers find something of interest to write about? How about what some of the current team members are doing for the summer? How about some coverage on how Dirty is stinkin' up gyms all over the country as he demonstrates his 3 point blistering blitzkrieg routine.

The ONLY REDEEMING THING that makes it even possible to get through this stretch is Syracusefan.com. Thank God for this site!!!! Being able to log on and check things out here is like coming up for a breath of air when someone is holding your head underwater. If in the midst of the basketball doldrums at least you can duck in here for a spell and get a temporary infusion of Cuse Basketball enthusiasm.

I just want to thank the other people who frequent here during this profoundly depressing period of Cuse hoops detox and offer up tidbits of Orange peel shreds. I'm grateful for Francis for sprinkling seeds of hope with his outstanding coverage of all things recruitish. And to Tee for helping improve my post to like ratio with his generous and continuous clicking of the like button for pretty much every post he reads. To CTO for dropping in and lending some "gravitas" to the tome of the board during such a slow time. To Moqui, Iommi, and TexasCPA for weighing in on a cacophony of subjects, SWC75 for historic perspective, for Millhouse for some of the funniest, driest, humor ever,
for Jake... being Jake, and you all know. The list goes on and on.

When I come here if I imagine hard enough... I can hear the sound of balls bouncing off the hardwood, the rumble of the crowd, the cheers and the Sour Citrus Society... Ahhhh for the wonders of Cuse Basketball. I suppose it will be upon us at some point. And for now I just have to sit back and try to endure... I guess it's all OK afterall because this year we are going to coalesce into a team that is going to be totally frightening by years end and we will being Kicking A$$ and Taking Names on our way to another National Championship.

LGO

This may be the first time anyone has ever credited me with possessing gravitas! I worry what that says about the rest of the folks here. :)
Maybe he meant gravity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom