The new college football playoff will be called... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The new college football playoff will be called...

The name works. People will call it "the playoff", the same way people call the hoops tournament "the tournament."

Trying to duplicate something like March Madness would likely be tacky and contrived.

What? Win your conference and your in. We just won a share of the Big East and the ACC and BE have been very similar over the past 10 years.

Not to mention the McNabb years. I'd say its unlikely to be a consistent thing - but think big.

I believe that we will have a better chance to go the NC game in the near future than at anytime in the past.

One of the committee members said an 8 game playoff would devalue the rest of the bowl games. Really. That's a real quote.

Pathetic.. so lets keep giving the 4th-8th best teams a trophy to make them feel good and let politics continue to run the show. Personally a 12 team field with 4 wild card play ins would give teams who get hot after maybe a rough start the opportunity to show they are the best team in football. 8 is the minimum number, but 20 I would say would be the best. You can market the crap out of it, you can reduce the political/ bs statistical piece and give a few smaller market schools who have good programs an opportunity. With 20 you could have 4 wild card games with the top 12 ( 6 seeds on each side) getting a bye and play in games for the 7th/8th seeds on each side.

Looking at the numbers this would put 16 percent of the total 123 FBS teams into the primary post season tourney. In College Hoops 18 percent go into the NCAA tourney. As for bowl games and non- NCAA tourney's - let that be what it is so the sponsors can have their day.

I am surprised they didn't go KIA College Football Playoffs or the College Football Playoffs presented by Capital One, I guess I deserve this.

It's better then the system they currently have, which is only a 2 team playoff.

And it's better then the system they had before that, where #1 and #2 might have been committed to play in seperate bowl games.

Little by little, it's getting there.

For sure. If its all about money, and it is - they will expand quickly when the ratings for the semi-finals come in way higher than the exhibition games, er, bowl games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom