the new oline | Syracusefan.com

the new oline

upperdeck

Living Legend
was there any discussion about the new look of the line with alexander moving to RG. I saw that Tomcat wrote about it awhile back but now that it looks more likely from what the coach says, how do people feel about it?

it seemed to me that alexander had the most issue with the the speed rush, but was ok on the straight power rush and the run blocking.

hoping that hickey improves the pass protection is one thing, but if he moves to RG than that likely means the coaches think we will have improved 3 spots, maybe we get a bit better at running , maybe that means the RZ offense gets better as well if we can actually run for short yardage when we need to..

the question will be can pugh play at a high level right off and how much better can hickey play at RT. you know pitt and rutgers are gonna come after the QB .

was there any discussion about the new look of the line with alexander moving to RG. I saw that Tomcat wrote about it awhile back but now that it looks more likely from what the coach says, how do people feel about it?

it seemed to me that alexander had the most issue with the the speed rush, but was ok on the straight power rush and the run blocking.

hoping that hickey improves the pass protection is one thing, but if he moves to RG than that likely means the coaches think we will have improved 3 spots, maybe we get a bit better at running , maybe that means the RZ offense gets better as well if we can actually run for short yardage when we need to..

the question will be can pugh play at a high level right off and how much better can hickey play at RT. you know pitt and rutgers are gonna come after the QB .
Alexander is too slow to play at this level. The OL is no where until it proves otherwise. And, the next few teams will test them BIG TIME.

Are we sure Alexander is going to RG?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

it would be kind of hard to play someone who from what i could guess would have at least 50% of the penalties from the o-line.

he was over thinking his plays which leads to more penalties

Are we sure Alexander is going to RG?
HCDM made it sound like he'd be in the rotation with Trudo and Foy in the most recent "Syracuse Sidelines".

it would be kind of hard to play someone who from what i could guess would have at least 50% of the penalties from the o-line.

he was over thinking his plays which leads to more penalties

Or he was trying to get a quick jump because of his lack of speed and moved too early. I hope Lou keeps working hard and is ready when the coaches call his name.

Alexander isn't slow. He's actually the quickest ol on th team. He has problems with technique.

Alexander isn't slow. He's actually the quickest ol on th team. He has problems with technique.

Quickest north to south but maybe not east to west? I admit I haven't really broke down his game and was just guessing from the above posts and going from there...not always a good idea I suppose. If it is technique that is disappointing because that is something he can control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom