The next 2 games we are going to need to see major FH minutes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The next 2 games we are going to need to see major FH minutes

I looked at the box score. Roberson/Cooney 15 points. If Cooney goes 3 for 5 from 3 again we likely win this game. As G and MR are playing a lot better now.

If we get 20-25 points from Roberson/Cooney per game we will be a very dangerous team.
Have I missed something? That's what they've been putting up for the last two seasons.

Have I missed something? That's what they've been putting up for the last two seasons.
Please don't start this.

Cooney has done a tremendous job taking less shots this year during conference play this year. Roberson doesn't have any plays run for him and gets all of his points on offensive rebounds and pick and rolls.

Gbinije/Richardson are our top 2 options. Roberson/Cooney just need to give them support was my point.

I don't want to talk about usage rate, number of shots, PER etc. If you want that discussion it isn't good so I am being nice as the players/team are doing well.

Please don't start this.

Cooney has done a tremendous job taking less shots this year during conference play this year. Roberson doesn't have any plays run for him and gets all of his points on offensive rebounds and pick and rolls.

Gbinije/Richardson are our top 2 options. Roberson/Cooney just need to give them support was my point.

I don't want to talk about usage rate, number of shots, PER etc. If you want that discussion it isn't good so I am being nice as the players/team are doing well.
I don't want to start anything, but you're asking for 20-25 ppg from them which is precisely what they've been doing for a while. You are right though, Cooney has been more efficient (he takes fewer shots per 40 minutes than Gbinije and Richardson) this season; that's what can happen when you add a dynamic scoring threat to the mix.

Just to change direction a bit...a key player in both games could be Tyler Lydon.
He can help the Orange go over Louisville's pressure and distribute the ball and he must battle Pitt on the glass.
He and Roberson have to duke it out (pardon the expression) with Pitt's boardbangers.

Pitt's best offensive against forever has been a missed shot and offensive rebound put back. They have their bigs attack the glass as Pitt really hasn't had good shooting teams ever.

Or as I like to think of it, dump and chase.

Need to do better in the Dome, and we'll win.

Pitt's best offensive against forever has been a missed shot and offensive rebound put back. They have their bigs attack the glass as Pitt really hasn't had good shooting teams ever.

They seem to shoot well against us though. :bang:

Louisville presses and we need ball handlers. Gbinije is going to need help and obviously the best guard to help with pressure/ball handling is Frank Howard.

Pitt is so physical and plays tough man-to-man defense. You need to be able to put the ball on the floor and penetrate. As Pitt doesn't give up open looks they foul a lot.

Against UL/Pitt I would love to see this lineup MG/FH/MR/TR/ and one of DC/TL. Cooney needs to be a 6th man role in these games. We need his Senior leadership and grit but against UL and Pitt they are bad matchups for him. I would play FH 15-20 minutes just against these type teams.

When we go to UNC/FSU Cooney will have better matchups than pretty much anyone else on teams. Cooney has been really good against UNC.

Howard is a great role player for this team. Being able to give G and TC five minutes rest is HUGE. Because you know JB would play them the whole game if he did not have a credible alternative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom