The next Bazley | Syracusefan.com

The next Bazley

There is one difference.
Beauchamp didn't accept a scholarship offer and then bail with no notice when there was no time to replace him.

This path may make a lot of sense for top high school players whose only goal is to be NBA ready asap.

There is one difference.
Beauchamp didn't accept a scholarship offer and then bail with no notice when there was no time to replace him.
i believe we call that the marbury. did'nt accept but tied up the spot so we couldn't land someone else after.

There is one difference.

This path may make a lot of sense for top high school players whose only goal is to be NBA ready asap.

Pfft...you, with your context and details.
It's all about timing.

I wonder if Hopkins and UW were early favorites for this kid.

I suppose, but is he paying for this program? I'm all for kids doing whatever they want and getting rid of the one-and-done rule but this narrative of the best path being to get to the NBA as fast as possible has gone overboard. Kid is ranked 29th. He could go to this thing, show off some elite athleticism and improve his skill/conditioning, etc. and emerge as a really good NBA prospect ... or he could get there, work his tail off but still not be good enough for the NBA.

So the interesting thing is does he cease to be an amateur if he goes this route or could he go to college if the NBA doesn't work out? Seems like a relevant point b/c if it doesn't work out what's next?

It's all about timing.

I wonder if Hopkins and UW were early favorites for this kid.

Yes, UW was in very good shape with him, as far as where he was looking at colleges before making this decision.

It will be interesting to see how this thing plays out over time. I don't think it has a dramatic effect if a bunch of these kids don't go to college. College Basketball will still be popular and have the fan support without a few of these kids. It will be interesting to see how the NBA deals with some of this. They put the 1 and done rule in place so they could have more time to evaluate because too many kids were going into the draft and not getting drafted or not panning out. I wonder if the NBA is going to like having kids go work on their strength and conditioning and their individual skills without a lot of game tape against comparable competition.

Definitely looking forward to the next decade or more of SU fans being butthurt about Bazley/Bazley like players.
FWIW, that's not where I'm coming from at all.

I just thought it was interesting that there is another one out there who is, more or less, following the Bazley example. The likely repeal of one-and-done may make this moot; but, for now, although this is hardly a trend, it may be an indication of an acceptable alternative (to D-I) for second tier prospects to prepare for the NBA.

I just thought it was interesting that there is another one out there who is, more or less, following the Bazley example. The likely repeal of one-and-done may make this moot; but, for now, although this is hardly a trend, it may be an indication of an acceptable alternative (to D-I) for second tier prospects to prepare for the NBA.

It’s not you it’s the people who constantly point out that Bazely signed a NLI and therefore he screwed us and in fact he’s history’s greatest monster.

Yeah, I knew that wasn't where you were coming from.

what fan doesn't have a right to be pissed about some player screwing over their program ?
stephon marbury , julius hodge, tobias harris et al i've always hated as much as any hoya.
now rudy gay snubbing us for uconn i'm impartial with. not that there's anything wrong with that.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom