the next time... | Syracusefan.com

the next time...

BillSU

All American
I have decided in my next life to return as an assistant football coach. Preferably as a DC at a high level school in the ACC or SEC. Looking at the salaries of the top five DC's today - those conferences are the best and the attractiveness of the salaries is quite satisfying.

The top five - and they are all Defensive Coordinators must be living very nicely. In order they are:

Dave Aranda DC, LSU - $2.5 Million

Brent Venables, DC, Clemson - 2.2 Million

Kevin Steele, DC, Auburn - $2.05 million

Mike Elko, DC, Texas A&M - $1.8 Million

Todd Orlando, DC Texas $1.7 - Million

Less pressure than a head coach, don't have to answer to the media. Sounds good to me.

Oh, and guess who's pulling in $1.7 Million for Ohio State? Our old buddy from the Rutgers Dumpster Greg Schiano. He just keeps crawling around. The article noted he was being much too overpaid for his performance this year and that sounds good to me as well – way to go Greg you share a great first name with one of out worst HC's. Maybe it's goodbye Greg? Please go crawl into the Dumpster file on this site as I'm sure we'd all want you to do.

GOSU ;)

I have decided in my next life to return as an assistant football coach. Preferably as a DC at a high level school in the ACC or SEC. Looking at the salaries of the top five DC's today - those conferences are the best and the attractiveness of the salaries is quite satisfying.

The top five - and they are all Defensive Coordinators must be living very nicely. In order they are:

Dave Aranda DC, LSU - $2.5 Million

Brent Venables, DC, Clemson - 2.2 Million

Kevin Steele, DC, Auburn - $2.05 million

Mike Elko, DC, Texas A&M - $1.8 Million

Todd Orlando, DC Texas $1.7 - Million

Less pressure than a head coach, don't have to answer to the media. Sounds good to me.

Oh, and guess who's pulling in $1.7 Million for Ohio State? Our old buddy from the Rutgers Dumpster Greg Schiano. He just keeps crawling around. The article noted he was being much too overpaid for his performance this year and that sounds good to me as well – way to go Greg you share a great first name with one of out worst HC's. Maybe it's goodbye Greg? Please go crawl into the Dumpster file on this site as I'm sure we'd all want you to do.

GOSU ;)

Bill, even if you're making $2m a year, would it be a hardship to have to face the media?

I would think it should be included in the salary.

"Coach, what defense were you playing on that fatal 95-yard TD pass?"

"Welp, we were in Cover 7."

"Um, what is Cover 7?"

"Next question, are there any questions about how well our defense played today?"