The Nickname Thread | Syracusefan.com

The Nickname Thread

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
With so many new guys, let's get some board nicknames going.

This is prompted in part by my wife calling Dolezaj "Dvorak", after the Czech classical composer. "Dee-vor-zack" is much easier to pronounce than "Dole-le-zai". Plus they're both euro dudes, so it works.

My entries:

Dolezaj - Dvorak (Hope this sticks!)
Howard - Turtle (I saw him in Jimmy John's his freshman year, and he was so skinny and looked like Franklin the Turtle.)
Battle - Ty, or "The Kid." Not sure why that pops into my head, but he's got that swagger to him.
Brissett - Prodigy, because he is definitely a wunderkind in the making.
Chukwu - "Chew-Blocka" - Seems pretty obvious.
Sidibe - "Bourama Mama"
Moyer - MM (abbreviation is too good to pass up!)
Thorpe - "Locks" due to his bountiful coif.
Washington - Uncle W - he's got that "old uncle" style game.

am I missing anyone?

in my head, i use their names or initials with three exceptions:
dolezaj: marky marek - looks like he should be in a boy band
howard: relax; i usually call him frankie but this references frankie goes to hollywood & also how he needs to play & keep the turnovers to a minimum
the shotblocking center tandem should be choooo! and boooo! they would rock the dome & add an intimidation factor

in my head, i use their names or initials with three exceptions:
dolezaj: marky marek - looks like he should be in a boy band
howard: relax; i usually call him frankie but this references frankie goes to hollywood & also how he needs to play & keep the turnovers to a minimum
the shotblocking center tandem should be choooo! and boooo! they would rock the dome & add an intimidation factor

He definitely looks like the second guitarist from a Euro 80's boy band.

Marek - Slovak Hak
Thorpe - The Mop
Battle - Kid Mamba

Only ones I have

Totally agree with "Kid Mamba." Maybe Mini Mamba?

The Mop is great! Geno really reminds me of a Puli out there.
side-5.jpg

This is prompted in part by my wife calling Dolezaj "Dvorak", after the Czech classical composer. "Dee-vor-zack" is much easier to pronounce than "Dole-le-zai". Plus they're both euro dudes, so it works.

My entries:

Howard - Turtle (I saw him in Jimmy John's his freshman year, and he was so skinny and looked like Franklin the Turtle.)
Battle - Ty, or "The Kid." Not sure why that pops into my head, but he's got that swagger to him.
Sidibe - "Bourama Mama"

am I missing anyone?

Chew-Blocka is brilliant.

Before he turned the corner: Fragile Franky, see this guy from Seinfeld
latest

Now: Franky Five Fingers

Battle = Kid Mamba
PC = Chubukwu or Chewy
Sidibe = Sid or Rama
MD = Doli
Brissett = OshaeCanYouSee
MM = Matty Nice
Geno = Portugese WaterThorpe

My entries:

Sidibe - "Bourama Mama"

am I missing anyone?

Can’t help but laugh when you’ve criticized Tomcat for using abbreviations instead of their real names so you could recognize who the players are, yet prefer nicknames like Locks, Turtle, Prodigy etc. for the players. So FH is too tough but ‘turtle’ is more recognizable? You gave me a good laugh. :p I’m naming you HA or disscat for a nickname.

From the "My Take Thread." Tomcat suggests "deebs" for Sidibe, because that's what his teammates call him.

I say we take it one step further and name him "Deebo" from Friday. Those that have see the movie will get the joke.

BvGizcQIcAALLFL.jpg

Oh laugh laugh laugh laugh!

All these nicknames are hilarious. I think it’s important we get a “CHOOOO” or something like that going for Chewbacca (now I’m forgetting his real name!) in the Dome. I feel this is crucial.

I don’t know if we’ll ever get consensus from the board about “official” nicknames. It took me ages and ages to figure out that Thickburger was CJ Fair, and I still don’t know why he was called that. But this is fun!

Marek is Slovakian or I believe it is correct to say just Slovak.

Best nickname I've seen a few weeks ago was "Slimvak".
Edit: the credit goes to hungrychuck as posted 11/06/17.

Chewblocka is beautiful.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom