The night did not start off well... | Syracusefan.com

The night did not start off well...

cto

Administrator
Picked up Hertz car air Syracuse Airport, stopped at Wegman shopping center to buy food and wine and proceeded to my friend Carla's house for a game watching party. Hit a monster pothole about 1.5 miles from her house (could not see it; night was pitch black) and blew out right front tire. Limped along for a while, but realized it was a bad idea so pulled into a random driveway. Called Hertz which said they would have someone there to change tire. Realized I stupidly did not have Carla's number. Owner of random house pulls into driveway. Wonders what this stranger is doing there. She turned out to be very nice. She found Carla's number and drove me to Carla's house. Barely get there when tow truck driver calls to say he is in her driveway ...and where am I. I run back to her house where very nice tow truck guy changes tire and refuses to accept tip. I give random nice woman (her name is Julie Taylor) the bottle of wine I had bought for Carla. Amazingly, got back to Carla's house just in time for kick-off. Though back and forth game which we win at last minute. Then Carla brings out birthday cake and everyone sings Happy Birthday to me. (my birthday is next week). All's well that ends well. And it was a great hard-nosed game

Last edited:
Picked up Hertz car air Syracuse Airport, stopped at Wegman shopping center to buy food and wine and proceeded to my friend Carla's house for a game watching party. Hit a monster pothole about 1.5 miles from her house (could not see it; night was pitch black) and blew out right front tire. Limped along for a while, but realized it was a bad idea so pulled into a random driveway. Called Hertz which said they would have someone there to change tire. Realized I stupidly did not have Carla's number. Owner of random house pulls into driveway. Wonders what this stranger is doing there. She turned out to be very nice. She found Carla's number and drove me to Carla's house. Barely get there when tow truck calls to say he is in her driveway ...and where am I. I run back to her house where very nice tow truck guy changes tire and refuses to accept tip. I give random nice woman (her name is Julie Taylor) the bottle of wine I had bought for Carla. Amazingly, got back to Carla's house just in time for kick-off. Though back and forth game which we win at last minute. Then Carla brings out birthday cake and everyone sings Happy Birthday to me. (my birthday is next week). All's well that ends well. And it was a great hard-nosed game

You always have fun!

Well at least it ended well for ya! I watched the game at Revolutions at Destiny and came out to the parking lot afterward to find that some a-hole had ripped my right rear view mirror completely out of the socket. On top of that, it was nowhere to be found, so whoever it was decided to leave with it. Sweet.

Well at least it ended well for ya! I watched the game at Revolutions at Destiny and came out to the parking lot afterward to find that some a-hole had ripped my right rear view mirror completely out of the socket. On top of that, it was nowhere to be found, so whoever it was decided to leave with it. Sweet.
Prolly was northacuse, he said he was there as well! Just sayin:)

Props to Carla, tow truck (tire changer dude) driver and Julie Taylor. Happy Birthday to CTO and a Happy New Year to Syracuse Football! LGO! :)

I never stay late at Destiny. Had some issues there 8 years ago or so. Sorry about that but Syracuse won! (?) ;)

SU was the metaphorical pot hole today.

Happy Birthday, CTO. Glad you were able to see the game after that ordeal.

I didn't realize you did not go to Houston. I had thought you were going to try it and hightail it back to Syracuse in time for Villanova. I am sure I missed out on this news.
But better than your Hawaii trip. As soon as I saw the title of your post, I thought oh no. And not that this was great, but did not involve an injury.
Have a most happy birthday. And enjoy tomorrows game, your New years/Birthday party etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom