The Odds Have Turned Greatly Against Us.... | Syracusefan.com

The Odds Have Turned Greatly Against Us....

newmexicuse

All Conference
Going into the Sweet Sixteen there were four 9 seeds and lower that had survived. The way this tournament has been going i had a very strong feeling that at least two of them would get through. Naturally, I was hoping we would be one of the two. Last night, unfortunately, all three that played have gotten through. We are the the last one standing that has not already played.

I am very nervous, as it just seems so unlikely that 9 seeds and lower would go four for four.

Gonzaga lost to a team that is a top 25 team but loses a lot of stupid games.

Loyola-Nevada was a coin flip.

Kansas State was really the only upset and that was just because Kentucky got tight.

We are going to win only if our d locks down Duke.

Damn. Was hoping to get this kid. We really need some stronger low post bodies ASAP. Worried about Sidibe’s knees moving forward and his ability to get stronger as well dealing with that injury. Chukwu looks like a another Keita-type situation where he can’t put on any weight.

Before last night was it more likely that all or none would get through? We always had the odds against us, not because of how many lower seeds there were or how many others got through but because of our opponent. I will watch tonight's game with no expectations... and hopefully not fall asleep.

Damn. Was hoping to get this kid. We really need some stronger low post bodies ASAP. Worried about Sidibe’s knees moving forward and his ability to get stronger as well dealing with that injury. Chukwu looks like a another Keita-type situation where he can’t put on any weight.

Am I missing something here?

Me too. He is in the other thread though.

Odds haven’t changed at all. It’s all gravy at this point

Strictly speaking, of course, you are correct, and, of course, the odds of us winning are long in the first place. Yes, our game is objectively and mathematically an uncorrelated event to yesterday's results.

However, subjectively, as a fan I am emoting per my OP.

I’m insulted that you think I’m objective:)

Never said that you were objective; however, your post was clearly an objective statement.

There is nothing wrong with a subjective fan (everybody on this forum) making an objective statement. It does not detract from Cuse fanaticism.

Going into the Sweet Sixteen there were four 9 seeds and lower that had survived. The way this tournament has been going i had a very strong feeling that at least two of them would get through. Naturally, I was hoping we would be one of the two. Last night, unfortunately, all three that played have gotten through. We are the the last one standing that has not already played.

I am very nervous, as it just seems so unlikely that 9 seeds and lower would go four for four.
FYI - Nothing that you just posted has any actual bearing on odds.

This has nothing to do with our game at all zero

Strange thread. Independent outcomes that don't impact each other. Whichever teams won last night or will win today before our game have ZERO to do with whether we win or lose.

Odds haven’t changed at all. It’s all gravy at this point

Exactly. If we lose, I'll be disappointed like I always am, but I'm not nervous about the game at all. As you say, all gravy at this point.

Exactly. If we lose, I'll be disappointed like I always am, but I'm not nervous about the game at all. As you say, all gravy at this point.
I said that about the M-State game, but when FH fouled out I realized my hands were shaking.

Weird.

Personally, I feel the odds are ever in our favor...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom