The OL was amazing | Syracusefan.com

The OL was amazing

While I don't want to be a debbie downer, I thought the OL had it's ups and downs. Roberts hold on the critical 1st down conversion late in the 4th; 5 sacks given up, several forced scrambles by the QBs. But, once again, we were able to pound it in short and goal several times and most of the time (not all), the line looked solid on pass plays.

While I don't want to be a debbie downer, I thought the OL had it's ups and downs. Roberts hold on the critical 1st down conversion late in the 4th; 5 sacks given up, several forced scrambles by the QBs. But, once again, we were able to pound it in short and goal several times and most of the time (not all), the line looked solid on pass plays.
I didnt realize we gave up 5. Actually thought they provided a pretty clean pocket especially considering the number of deep routes which require more time.

The sack number should have been a total of 3 by the O-Line yesterday IMO. Dungey has that awful habit of blindly spinning right when under pressure into the back side defensive end. Not trying to take a shot at Dungey at all he played well, I just don't feel like the O-Line is at fault for all 5 sacks.

The sack number should have been a total of 3 by the O-Line yesterday IMO. Dungey has that awful habit of blindly spinning right when under pressure into the back side defensive end. Not trying to take a shot at Dungey at all he played well, I just don't feel like the O-Line is at fault for all 5 sacks.
Dungey was only sacked 4 times...the fifth was on the TD intentional grounding.

The OL fought hard and they faced a very good DL. Gave ED time to throw some long balls when the running game wasn't working which is hard to do. What worried me was SU being 0-5 on 3rd downs in the first half but they then went 5-7 in the second half which was absolutely HUGE.

OL is vastly improved... when you throw 40+ times, most teams will give up some sacks.

Well except for NCS as Finley was sacked once. ;) That kid knows how to feel pressure and move into the right slots to give his OL and receivers time to do their thing and snaps the ball out just before any contact. Quite impressive for a guy that you'd think doesn't move well but he slides and moves his feet so well with his head up and I hope the SU QB's noticed that and learn from that as well.

Yeah nitpicking I kinda think he should step up and not fade right. He does do it but what a game he had.

he thinks he can escape every time, he does but when he doesnt it goes even worse.

Dungey has that awful habit of blindly spinning right when under pressure into the back side defensive end.
His pocket presence was better in this game but it hasn't been a strong point over his career. All other things being equal it can separate the good quarterbacks from the elites.

What a job by our OL. Best performance of the year!
That and also Strickland picked up a ton of blitzeseses. He is definitely a passing game asset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom