the Oline issues | Syracusefan.com

the Oline issues

upperdeck

Living Legend
watching the replay it was clear there was a lot of confusion on the oline,.. for a group that has played together did the 3-4 scheme cause that much of an issue? The pressure on the QB was often the result of people coming free and not because of guys getting beat.. I suppose thats a good thing but would love to be in the film room when DM and Coach Atkins dissect the film.. I dont think Wake will have a D in the top half of what we will see this year so lets hope confusion was the big issue and it can be fixed by film work..

On the running plays the LB's for Wake seemed to come free way too much but the dline was handled on many of the plays.. I thought the wake guys ran really well, wish we hadnt dropped balls early that could have really loosened up the wake D. the early over throw came off a corner blitz and left Chew for an easy TD. at least 3 early drives had makable plays turn into 3 and outs..

watching the replay it was clear there was a lot of confusion on the oline,.. for a group that has played together did the 3-4 scheme cause that much of an issue? The pressure on the QB was often the result of people coming free and not because of guys getting beat.. I suppose thats a good thing but would love to be in the film room when DM and Coach Atkins dissect the film.. I dont think Wake will have a D in the top half of what we will see this year so lets hope confusion was the big issue and it can be fixed by film work..

On the running plays the LB's for Wake seemed to come free way too much but the dline was handled on many of the plays.. I thought the wake guys ran really well, wish we hadnt dropped balls early that could have really loosened up the wake D. the early over throw came off a corner blitz and left Chew for an easy TD. at least 3 early drives had makable plays turn into 3 and outs..

True, except that on that play, Nassib literally held on to the ball for as long as he could, throwing it only a fraction of a second before he got hit.

I agree that Chew was open and it would have been a long gain, but it wasn't an "over throw" as much as Nassib just had to get rid of it quickly due to the pressure.

True, except that on that play, Nassib literally held on to the ball for as long as he could, throwing it only a fraction of a second before he got hit.

I agree that Chew was open and it would have been a long gain, but it wasn't an "over throw" as much as Nassib just had to get rid of it quickly due to the pressure.

Exactly. Actually thought Nassib did a great job trying to loft it considering he had to release it WAY before he wanted to. It didn't work, but Nassib looked good.

That one pass that Nassib floated to Lemon while on the run was fantastic ... I think the leaps and bounds we expected Nassib to make are justified ... he seems like a totally different QB out there ... and much more accurate especially when on the move ... I couldn't believe the throws he was making while moving to his left ... he stayed square to the receiver and opened up and was able to still put some gas on it.

The issue is when you see that play and you cant hold it , you are told to throw it higher and short.. the D is chasing almost always causes a penalty. he couldnt make a perfect throw on the money so you have to loft it..

We'll know after a few weeks if we have issues on the OL but I think the 3-4 scheme that Wake ran presented some confusion for us up front. If we can get past Rutgers with only one loss at USC, I won't worry too much about the OL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom