The one the only - James Garner | Syracusefan.com

The one the only - James Garner

Loved James Garner! A friend I used to work with who had moved to California was playing golf in some tournament he was in. My friend knew how much I liked him, asked and got a picture with both of them holding a piece of paper saying “Hi Cherie from Jim and Gene”. Gene was the friend. What a nice shocking surprise.

Wait!! It premiered 50 years ago!?!?!?!?!? And it’s been nearly 45 years since the last episode was first aired?? OMG!!! I"m getting old.....

The_Rockford_Files_(title_screen).jpg

Everything about the Rockford Files was Classic!!

This is Jim Rockford. At the tone, leave your name and message. I'll get back to you.

He sported an awesome ride and lived in a great bachelor pad!!!

1722048325732.jpeg

The Rockford Files theme song was released as a single and spent two weeks at No. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100, in August 1975.

Garner was nominated for 4 Emmys and had one win in its 6 seasons. What!?!?!? only six seasons?

Last edited:
It was a great show. He never had money, but got his car fixed every week and often ate at some nice restaurants. He was a lovable mooch.
It seemed he always got beat up, and never knew why?
He was at his best when he was on the con.
He was also very much comfortable in who he was and what he wanted out of life.
Angel was a great character. You always kind of hoped he would end up with Beth.
Tom Selleck was great on a couple of episodes.
The Rocky we all know and love was not the original Rocky, who I think got sick between the pilot and filming the first season.

If I remember correctly, Garner married his wife after knowing her about one week, and stayed married until death did they part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom