The one thing I wish JB would get with the NBA draft | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The one thing I wish JB would get with the NBA draft

So, they can improve in the NBA? Not just Syracuse? Hey, you're learning.

Of course they can, they can improve in college, my fulfillment has nothing to do with it, if he was good enough to play in the nba right now, I would say God Bless him.

So now you have to light up the NBA to justify leaving early? Do you realize how difficult it is to carve out even the most inconsequential NBA career?

Forget about lighting up the league, how about getting some playing time? The Nets and Kings you or I could get some minutes for, and Cmac and Mali aren't.

Of course they can, they can improve in college, my fulfillment has nothing to do with it, if he was good enough to play in the nba right now, I would say God Bless him.

Well, God Bless Tyler.

Gbinije and Christmas improved their game so much, they went from an afterthought to be NBA prospects. In Christmas' case, if the team didn't struggle his senior year and self ban from the postseason, he makes 1st team All-American and sneaks into the first round. They are proof that you can improve your game in school.

Ok, who is the guy who I was critical of leaving, is even making somewhat of an impact on the next level? A few weeks ago I put on a Kings game, because I wanted to watch Malachi, and he wasn't even on the roster. This idea that you can't get better in college is just comical.

He's been out for awhile with an injury.

Ok, who is the guy who I was critical of leaving, is even making somewhat of an impact on the next level? A few weeks ago I put on a Kings game, because I wanted to watch Malachi, and he wasn't even on the roster. This idea that you can't get better in college is just comical.
Mali is hurt.

Gbinije and Christmas improved their game so much, they went from an afterthought to be NBA prospects. In Christmas' case, if the team didn't struggle his senior year and self ban from the postseason, he makes 1st team All-American and sneaks into the first round. They are proof that you can improve your game in school.

Such a difference. I've got a headache. There's a difference between someone who is a 1st rounder, and one that has to work their way into the 2nd round. I'm done with all this. Lydon made his decision, deal with it. It was the right one for himself.

How long has he been hurt for? How come Cmac isn't getting minutes, or Ennis for that matter?
They are all still in the league, all still young and all capable of carving out good careers. Staying longer at SU would not have improved their chances of that happening.

But even when he was healthy, he wasn't getting too many minutes.

He was starting to get minutes off the bench towards mid-late January and played 27 minutes his last game before getting hurt.

You can't judge a guy's career as a failure based on his first 3 months in the league.

Tyler based on his freshman to sophmore year performance should go asap. If he stayed and continued at SU he would fall into the second round even if he improved.

They are all still in the league, all still young and all capable of carving out good careers. Staying longer at SU would not have improved their chances of that happening.

Ennis will be out of the league in a few weeks.

if you actually followed SU guys, you would know he tore his hamstring a month ago and is just now getting back to being able to practice some.

All of our early entry guys made the right decision except Chris McCollough.
However, CMac didn't want to stay in college. Even though Jerami went 2nd round he gambled and it paid off for him.
CMac declared with an ACL tear that is the only reason I would question his decision. However, he got a promise for the Nets and is going to get paid for 3 years because of it.
CMac coming back healthy and playing like he did before he got hurt likely would have risen him up the draft boards.
The rest all made the right decisions and even CMac did.

All of our early entry guys made the right decision except Chris McCollough.
However, CMac didn't want to stay in college. Even though Jerami went 2nd round he gambled and it paid off for him.
CMac declared with an ACL tear that is the only reason I would question his decision. However, he got a promise for the Nets and is going to get paid for 3 years because of it.
CMac coming back healthy and playing like he did before he got hurt likely would have risen him up the draft boards.
The rest all made the right decisions and even CMac did.
Somewhat disagree about Grant. Yes, he stuck as a 2nd rounder but making about half of what a mid to late first rounder gets. In fact this year Grant is making about half of what Tyler Ennis is $900k vs $1.7M. If he had come back IMO he would very likely have been a 1st rounder the next draft. But if he's happy great.

Somewhat disagree about Grant. Yes, he stuck as a 2nd rounder but making about half of what a mid to late first rounder gets. In fact this year Grant is making about half of what Tyler Ennis is $900k vs $1.7M. If he had come back IMO he would very likely have been a 1st rounder the next draft. But if he's happy great.
He's found himself in great situations that have allowed him to get playing time, hone his game and showcase his skills. His real payday is coming.

Lydon's game is predicated on playing off a competent point guard.

We don't recruit those anymore.

Yes, as disappointing as his sophomore season was, he should absolutely leave. He has an NBA skill which is "being a tall shooter" and NBA guards, if/when he gets there, won't miss him when he's open.

I could go on and on about the things in Lydons game that I don't like but if we're looking at someone to blame for Lydon going pro, seemingly without hesitation, it's not Lydon... Hint: It's the people in charge of putting players around Lydon.

It's embarrassing that Boeheim says Lydon can improve his stock by coming back? Really... So if I'm Lydon, and my draft stock dropped this year with John Gillon at point, you're telling me I should hitch my wagon to Frank Howard next year?

Last edited: