The one thing that gives me pause... | Syracusefan.com

The one thing that gives me pause...

SyracuseMiami

Scout Team
Why is Fitzpatrick pushing so hard to pull together a grand jury if 1. The statute of limitations has expired and 2. There isn't a current incident inside the limitation timeframe. Any legal eagles out there with some insight of what would drive Fitzpatrick so hard as to get a supena from the state supreme court. Can't imagine this gets approved without something more that technically can't be prosecuted.

Why is Fitzpatrick pushing so hard to pull together a grand jury if 1. The statute of limitations has expired and 2. There isn't a current incident inside the limitation timeframe. Any legal eagles out there with some insight of what would drive Fitzpatrick so hard as to get a supena from the state supreme court. Can't imagine this gets approved without something more that technically can't be prosecuted.

I think the subpoena he issued to obtain the SPD's records has to be returnable before the Grand Jury....I think.

I could be wrong but I think the subpoena is to get the records from the police handling of the report in 2002. Nothing more, nothing less.

Because he's a political minded spotlight whore? :noidea:

would agree with dollarbill44...also, although no litigation for NYS may come out of this...they can use the case, if quilty to potentially re-write the SOL for a longer period of time...since it is thought that abused do not report immediately and need lots of time to get to point to talk about the abuse.

Because presumably a grand jury won't be biased for or against Bernie or SU, which could go a long way toward putting this thing to rest one way or another.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk