The only bullet we have to dodge for buffalo is | Syracusefan.com

The only bullet we have to dodge for buffalo is

Marsh01

Living Legend
Sparty. I think we have it almost locked up but they could swoop in and steal it if the win the BiG tournament.

I dont see how they would ship us out west for the first weekend with the resume we have built (last 7 games aside). I really dont.

Msg however is completely gone. Zero chance whatsoever

I still think there are a few backdoor opportunities to get into MSG. Pitt needs to win the ACC though, for Nova to stay ahead of the other two... and hope Duke is below Nova on the 2 line. Then it comes down to maybe Syracuse vs Virginia on the 3 line (5 losses vs 7 losses)

A lot of if's however.

jncuse said:
I still think there are a few backdoor opportunities to get into MSG. Pitt needs to win the ACC though, for Nova to stay ahead of the other two... and hope Duke is below Nova on the 2 line. Then it comes down to maybe Syracuse vs Virginia on the 3 line (5 losses vs 7 losses) A lot of if's however.

Zero chance. Mathematically impossible.

so now all of a sudden we have to cheer for wisconny instead of against them
:bat:

pearl31 said:
so now all of a sudden we have to cheer for wisconny instead of against them :bat:

Wiscy and michigan

Am I being a baby, if I say I don't even want to go to Buffalo to watch now?

Drive 3+ hours to watch this garbage.

so now all of a sudden we have to cheer for wisconny instead of against them
:bat:

Wisconsin and Pitt. The KenPom Connection.

1. Wisconsin
2. Nova
3. Iowa State (Big12 champs)
4. 'Cuse

Again, this is hoping the committee would give a 4 seed a home state advantage...

Also, I don't see how Buffalo matters. If we advance past the first weekend, it's because we're playing well; if we don't, it's because we're not. At this point any "home court advantage" is moot, we just aren't playing well.

Yes. Seeds and where we play are the least of our concerns right now. What we need is a big dose of confidence, and for the players to get their shooting sites back. We played in Cali last year, and that worked out pretty dam well for us.

The only way we can get to MSG is if we drop to a #5 seed. While we should be a #4 on the S curve, they could move SU down a seed line to place us there IF they really want to. IMO no chance that happens, But it's the only possible route.

im thinking Cuse is the top #4.

so if i understand the S curve right...

it means we will get the best #5......and florida.

need to hope the Orange are the worst #3 and catch nova as a #2.

yippee!!!!

According to Jerry Palm we have already been beat to Buffalo by 2 teams who are done for the season - Villanova... and Cincy. So we are not going to catch them.

I think its ridiculous to put Cincy above us... addressed in the Palm thread that was just posted.

im thinking Cuse is the top #4.

so if i understand the S curve right...

it means we will get the best #5...and florida.

need to hope the Orange are the worst #3 and catch nova as a #2.

yippee!!!!

doesn't work exactly that way now, the top 1 seed(thru 1 seeds) gets its closest region/pod site, same with 2 seeds and 3 seeds and 4 seeds. So if we are top 4 seed it means we would get closest available region of 4 seeds and closest pod site available, which is likely to be Orlando or buffalo

According to Jerry Palm we have already been beat to Buffalo by 2 teams who are done for the season - Villanova... and Cincy. So we are not going to catch them.

I think its ridiculous to put Cincy above us... addressed in the Palm thread that was just posted.

I agree no way cincy should be above us as they are 9-6 vs top 100 rpi while we are 15-3