The Only Thing I Wish This Team Had | Syracusefan.com

The Only Thing I Wish This Team Had

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Was a guy like Dion who could have a completely terrible game, but still have the brass to hit some crazy, fade-away jumper and talk $#!* the entire length of the floor. While I don't think there are any real leadership problems on this team, I think they could really use one of those fiery guys on the floor.

I'd argue that we have guys with plenty of brass. Fair and Cooney took shots down the stretch that take plenty of guts to take and do we need to discuss Ennions? I'd rather have these silent killers because they just leave the opposing teams shaking their heads.

Was a guy like Dion who could have a completely terrible game, but still have the brass to hit some crazy, fade-away jumper and talk $#!* the entire length of the floor. While I don't think there are any real leadership problems on this team, I think they could really use one of those fiery guys on the floor.

Cooney did this last night (sans the talking junk part).

The only thing I wish this team had was a post scorer. We are a jump shooting team that has to rely on offensive rebounding too much when our shooting is off.

The only thing I wish this team had was a post scorer. We are a jump shooting team that has to rely on offensive rebounding too much when our shooting is off.

At times we've made a living at the free throw line (Grant especially). That should be a solution that doesn't really require the team to be something it's not and then isn't dependent on hot shooting.

What you want related to Dion was his ability to blow by the defender at any time. This team absolutely lacks
that piece, and it would make some of their possessions easier if they could hand it to someone and say "go to it".
CJ, Ennis, and at times Cooney, their attempts at this look too labored. Grant's is way to predictable with the
spin-and-finger-roll, and this appears to be lacking from Gbinije.

Of course, the need for that type of play could be eliminated just as easily by being able to throw the ball into
the post for a good shot whenever they need, but the only person who seems interested in looking inside
consistently is Grant. However, the play that he always looks in, a pick and roll where he comes off a Rak/Keita
screen, gets the ball, and looks to loop it in, just doesn't work, because neither of the two big guys is quick enough
to get there, and Keita is not going to catch that pass. You can see he wants to make that pass, but the opportunity
is not there.

Kev

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom