The Onuaku Paradox | Syracusefan.com

The Onuaku Paradox

MCuse44

Walk On
Considering how his career and that season ended. Would you sit Melo until the BE tournament semis? What else do we need to prove? Is it worth risking injuries against desperate teams.

We should still all starters and backups and just play the walk-ons until the NCAA Tourney. That said, what if we lose Reece for the season????

The BET is not meaningless. Its something the players want to win/ You play your bench a bit more in the first 30 minutes of the game, but everything else should be the same.

We should still all starters and backups and just play the walk-ons until the NCAA Tourney. That said, what if we lose Reece for the season????

That's crazy talk. Our rotation should not be seeing playing time until the sweet 16. Can't risk injury in the first two rounds.

I have to admit that I think of that scenario often.
I have to believe that JB plays a full 10 man rotation, not just for injury sake but for some rest as well.
That being said..."you play to win the game" (in my best Herm Edwards voice)

Some of us have taken time off, bought tix and will spend $$ in NYC. Walkons? Are you serious?

Considering how his career and that season ended. Would you sit Melo until the BE tournament semis? What else do we need to prove? Is it worth risking injuries against desperate teams.
Now that we have a 1 seed locked up, I wouldn't use any of the main rotation guys much between now and the start of the NCAA tournament. I want them all to be rusty and out of rhythm going into elimination games.

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING HOLY...DELETE THIS THREAD!!!

images

No point in worrying about something like that, Fab could break his leg tomorrow on black ice. There's a possibility he could get hurt but probably won't. What happened with AO sucks but the chances of it happening twice are incredibly slim.

No Moose isn't ready to step in and play the inside yet. Maybe by next year. Raheem is still lost out there I watched him close against Conn in the early minutes and he looked like he was trying to plug in a GPS to find his spot on the court.:eek:

We also should lock all of the players in their apartments so that they don't get into trouble, or slip on a micro-biology book and fall down the stairs.

You loved the novel by Robert Ludlum.

Now in theaters starring Matt Damon.

thumbnail.aspx

"The Onuaku Paradox"

We want to win the national championship.

I'd consider sitting the starters until the FF.

You can never be too safe.

I hate resting players for fear of injury. I understand it but I don't like it. That said, if someone gets hurt, I'll be pissed.

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING HOLY...DELETE THIS THREAD!!!

images
Forget the :cool: "jinx thinking.. I like the mix we have on the court and think this could be a very special year for us beyond what we already have enjoyed.They need to knock off Pitino again and get to 30 Then Jimmy needs to really mix and match his kids to keep them resady ad properly rested for the tournament runs. That includes using Williams for more than 8 minutes.

We want to win the national championship.

I'd consider sitting the starters until the FF.

You can never be too safe.
AAnd after we get an early exit we won't have to worry about any injuries.:bat:

I wonder what the % of National Champions had won their conference tourneys.

I wonder what the % of National Champions had won their conference tourneys.

Well, let's see, just the last ten years

Year Champ Conf Champ?
2011 UConn Y
2010 Duke Y
2009 UNC N (Duke)
2008 Kansas Y
2007 Florida Y
2006 Florida Y
2005 UNC N (Duke)
2004 UConn Y
2003 Cuse N (Pitt)
2002 Maryland N (Duke)

60% in the last ten years.

I am in favor of treating the BET as an exhibition. The majority of the minutes should go to MCW, Southerland, Keita, and Christmas. If we are to win a championship we need Keita and Christmas to play stronger and Southerland to get a full 40 minutes to figure our his shot. If we win great, if we do not we are still a #1 Seed. We have nothing to gain and everything to lose by going all out in the BET. I say punt. Still remember Gmac ending his career without a FG and Arinze injury costing us a championship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom