The Onuaku Paradox | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Onuaku Paradox

I don't see why going 10 deep in the BET is a bad thing. We get more minutes for J-South, MCW and Rak. That'll come in handy when we need any of them to be ready at a moment's notice in the big dance.

I don't see why going 10 deep in the BET is a bad thing. We get more minutes for J-South, MCW and Rak. That'll come in handy when we need any of them to be ready at a moment's notice in the big dance.
I certainly want to see the massive subbing in the BET. I think most of us here liked the way the first half of UConn went. Many were disappointed in the second half when we didn't see the same massive subbing. I am hoping JB reviewed the tape and saw what many of us did.

It has to be a little difficult to deal with the paradox that by playing his inferior players more, his overall team appears to play better. Obviously there is a limit to how far you can go with that mix until you are adversely affecting the performance of your team. The hope is that because of the nature of the multiple games in the BET that JB is tempted to test the theory more. Hopefully, he pushes his comfort levels and subs massively in the second halves. And that it has the desired effect that we all thought it might, multiple blow outs. That is what I'm hoping to see.

There's no reason this team should ever get "winded". MCW, JSouth, BMK, even Rak all contributed mightily vs UConn.
JB sees the game better than anyone, but the "waves of SU players coming off the bench" gives us a mental, as well as physical advantage.
Why he went away from that in the 2nd half.....:noidea:

I would love to see MCW and Rak get more minutes at Scoop and Fab's expense, not all but alot more. Will give us an idea what they can do in a one and out game scenario and see how far along they are against desperate opponents.

FWIW our starters have been in the habit of getting big leads and then giving them back. Worst case scenario the bench players come in and give the lead back the same way the starters have. Best case is they play with passion vs 5 minutes of starter complacency and hold or extend the lead with the time they are given.

We want to win the national championship.

I'd consider sitting the starters until the FF.

You can never be too safe.

I would go a step further and save them for the finals. We have enough walk-ons to have a very effective 8 man rotation.

I would love to see all 10 guys get 20 minutes each in the 1st BET game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom