The Orange Labeled with the "M" Word | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Orange Labeled with the "M" Word

Mediocre is what happened to the football team in Coach P’s later years. It continued thereafter.

12 losing seasons in 16 years.

I hardly think that Syracuse Hoops is in the bottom 175 right now.

Underachieving? Yes. Disappointing and frustrating? Yes.

Mediocre? No.
FIFY

Hasn't the Post put out a couple stories lately that have painted the ACC in negative light? Especially considering the global pandemic going on now?

It's almost like there's an agenda...

When is the narrative about Sidebe being the difference maker for this team going to change?? There is a segment of posters who act like he is the son of Hakeem Olajuwon & Kevin McHale. I root hard for the kid but he has barely been healthy since he has been on the hill! Even if he never had any leg issues he might be a slightly above average center. He isn’t going to make up for Sir Clank A lot’s( I know, I know those missed shots are all like Sherm alley oops for an easy bucket) and Joey G’s inability stop penetration or the amazing ole act when a ball is loose on the floor.

I happened to watch the Loyola and Drake games this weekend and I sat their scratching my head as to...how in the name of Sam Hill do they have better athletes then Syracuse!?

The other point of confusion is people are going to have different definitions of the word "mediocre" and how to apply it to a sports team. For some, that means bottom of the barrel (i..e way below 500 record). For others, that means middle of pack in ACC

For me, it means below average, but not totally terrible

I think we are a mediocre ACC team, especially compared to our overall history
If only there was some way to find the accepted meaning of words...

Btw, the definition of mediocre is neither good, nor bad.

A .500 record is the epitome of mediocre.

mediocre can be a glass half full thing. are you mediocre trending up over several seasons or mediocre trending down ? mediocrity in itself eternally can never be acceptable. give me heaven or give me hell.

If only there was some way to find the accepted meaning of words...

Btw, the definition of mediocre is neither good, nor bad.

A .500 record is the epitome of mediocre.
A gpa of 2.0 or a C would fit the definition of mediocre, it is a passing grade.