The path to the tournament | Syracusefan.com

The path to the tournament

DirtDog44

Walk On
In looking at the rest of the schedule I think a record of 20-12 definitely gets us an invite to the dance floor. This means wins against Clemson, GTech, Pitt, a split with Louisville and one win in the ACC tourney. Losses coming from Duke, Lousiville and 2nd round ACC opponent. Sadly I'm not sure if we can get there but at least there is a path to the tournament which is more than I could have said 2 weeks ago.

what you have outlined would be a stone cold lock for the tournament.

there are avenues for 19 wins to get it done.

In looking at the rest of the schedule I think a record of 20-12 definitely gets us an invite to the dance floor. This means wins against Clemson, GTech, Pitt, a split with Louisville and one win in the ACC tourney. Losses coming from Duke, Lousiville and 2nd round ACC opponent. Sadly I'm not sure if we can get there but at least there is a path to the tournament which is more than I could have said 2 weeks ago.

I think you may be off a game as we have two games with GTech. If we win 2 out of 3 road games between Clemson, Pitt and Gtech, beat either Duke or Louisville at home and then take care of GTech at home we should be in good shape. Thats 11-7 and likely 5th or 6th place in conference with 3 Top 10/15 wins. Very doable.

if we just win the home games we are in.

i think if we win 2-3 of the duke/UL games and just 1 of the other 4 we are pretty solid..

winning 3 gets us close no matter who it is but may not be enough.

if we just win the home games we are in.

i think if we win 2-3 of the duke/UL games and just 1 of the other 4 we are pretty solid..

winning 3 gets us close no matter who it is but may not be enough.

Respectfully disagree. We've got to continue to get it done on the road against lesser opponents.

We're just gonna run the table anyways the rest of the way. 22-9 (14-4)

what you have outlined would be a stone cold lock for the tournament.

there are avenues for 19 wins to get it done.
I hope you are right. I hate to be negative, but we lost to Georgetown, St. John's at home, neutral to UCONN, and at BC (I know BC is not out of conference). I'm not saying last year influences this year, it should 100 percent not. What I am saying is that I think one of the major reasons we got in last year were the wins over UCONN and A&M. Our OOC results this year are not okay, they are very much sub-par. I think we have to prove without a doubt that we are deserving. I do think that may take 20 wins. Obviously who our remaining wins come against matters, as you implied as well.

Respectfully disagree. We've got to continue to get it done on the road against lesser opponents.

We're just gonna run the table anyways the rest of the way. 22-9 (14-4)
I think so to.. but if we beat UL and Duke at home and thus have 4 wins against teams that will be top 5 seeds I dont think that gets over looked.

also if we win all 3 i would like to think we dont lose all 4 on the road..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom