The perfect storm... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The perfect storm...

I’d say MCW, or Waiters.
Waiters was great in his role as 6th or 7th man off the bench. I always wondered if he was elite, or if he was the beneficiary of usually playing against the other teams subs. Either way, no doubt he was a terrific player for us.

I can't believe no one took this quiz!
Duke
Virginia
Michigan St
Kentucky
N Carolina
Kansas
Nova (@%#$&!)
Done.

In my opinion SU is on par with Gonzaga, Michigan, Louisville. Other schools may be having more success this season record wise but that doesn't make them better programs.
Really? In the last 5 years? I think you could easily add Louisville, Gonzaga, Virginia, Michigan, Cincinnati, Arizona and probably a few others above SU. I get that we have exceeded expectations in the tourney but those teams have been far more consistent and not bubble teams at best.

This is we are folks...a team who can beat anyone when we shoot lights out but one that cerainly isn’t capable of consistently beating a Top 15 squad. This is a different era, an era where our talent is not elite and we play to our strengths the best we can. Seems like until something changes we will wallow as a Top 20-40 team which is a far cry from the glory days. Boeheim has often said in the past that you have to have good players in order to compete in the high-level consistently and the facts are our caliber of players is second tier. Sure, we will have our moments where we really get excited about the team and think we have huge capability but a game like today, even though they shot lights out and the refs were terrible, I realize more and more that we are mainly a mediocre team. I wish it was different and I’m still hopeful of getting into the tournament and making a little run but we are not elite by any stretch of the imagination and I suppose we better get used to it
I definitely agree with you. some people don't agree with me, I say the same things you were saying and I wonder what your opinion is on this? I don't know if Hopkins leaving "which is what I think is the reason" contributed to this but it seems like since he left our recruiting is taking a dip! if it keeps going like this I just think it's just going to be like this every single year. I think what they should do is spend some money and get themselves an up-and-coming assistant coach that is known for recruiting.
I mean Hopkins is doing pretty well at Washington and he's doing very well when it comes to recruiting with the players he's getting there! I'm sure Washington's nice and Seattle probably helps with getting some of the players there but Hopkins definitely deserves a lot of credit there

Last edited:
Really? In the last 5 years? I think you could easily add Louisville, Gonzaga, Virginia, Michigan, Cincinnati, Arizona and probably a few others above SU. I get that we have exceeded expectations in the tourney but those teams have been far more consistent and not bubble teams at best.
You have to look a lot more than the last 5 years to evaluate a program. I already had Virginia. I'm not sure that SU doesn't have the same record as Gonzaga if they played in their pathetic conference, not a better program and they don't get better recruits. Michigan is comparable, not better over the past 10-15 years. I forgot Arizona but you can't call them better. SU has been to 3 Final 4's since Arizona's only appearance in the past 18 years. And like Arizona, Cincinnati has won a bunch of games but neither Sean Miller or Mick Cronin have made a final 4, ever. I'm a UC fan also as are my son's and none of us consider UC to be anywhere near the caliber of program Syracuse is. I wish they were in the ACC not the AAC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom