The PI call cost us the game. | Syracusefan.com

The PI call cost us the game.

I dont get the game plan complaints? Just exactly would you call when every downfield pass the QB threw to the other team?

It didnt help we dropped 4 Ints on our own.

But the PI call what was he looking at? and then went to the other ref for help and still called it.

I saw a blatant hold by a BC guy when the BC QB fumbled a low snap on 3rd down...right in front of the ref...and ran and "slid" for a first down.

Out of curiosity, was BC ever called for holding last night?

Horrible game plan, abysmal QB play, etc...the PI call gave them the game which in an odd way is probably best thing for the program in the long run.

The ineptness of the officials in this league is insane.
Yup. We can complain about our coaches and team all we want. That was one of the worst calls of the year in college football.

no . it was second and nine from our 14 after they drove the field converting 2 4th and shorts. they score regardless. that penalty wasn't the difference. you can make a case the other 8 dumb penalties we did committ cost us the game.
and that's on our coaches.

Last edited:
Horrible game plan, abysmal QB play, etc...the PI call gave them the game which in an odd way is probably best thing for the program in the long run.

The ineptness of the officials in this league is insane.
They still might have scored, iirc it wasn't third down. But it was a horrible call. How do you call something that didn't happen, I get missing something that did

Last edited:
If we had players more prepared to play, a game plan that made sense, a running attack that didn’t just run straight ahead…. we’d have maybe won.

I’m not sure who’s responsible for those things though.

Yeah I’m not exactly sure how you can blame that hot mess on one singular call. Even if they didn’t score on that drive we still could and probably would have lost.

We surely have the worst passing game in the country out of any P5 school. Big picture, I think that cost us the game and makes it so we can’t even compete against good teams.

We can’t block, we can’t throw, we can’t get open, we can’t scheme anyone open, we’re slow, we can’t catch, and no one likes us.

Also, we had the game in our hands after Barron had one of the best hits I’ve ever seen to cause the fumble. Allen had a good run to get us in sure scoring territory. And we put it in the air and give it away.

Amazing.

Keep it on the ground, eat clock, and at worst get 3 and rely on the D and we likely win. Keep it on the ground and somehow get it in the end zone, and we almost surely win.

I can’t believe in that situation we threw it over the middle to….that guy. We never throw it over the middle and NOW you
want to do it? With THOSE guys? SMH.

2018 and Eric Dungey cost us this game!!
Let's get real DEEP folks!!!
Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Yup. We can complain about our coaches and team all we want. That was one of the worst calls of the year in college football.
And the ref had a clear look at it right in front of him. Not PI and not catchable. Had his hand just sitting on the flag ready to toss it.

Also, we had the game in our hands after Barron had one of the best hits I’ve ever seen to cause the fumble. Allen had a good run to get us in sure scoring territory. And we put it in the air and give it away.

Amazing.

Keep it on the ground, eat clock, and at worst get 3 and rely on the D and we likely win. Keep it on the ground and somehow get it in the end zone, and we almost surely win.

I can’t believe in that situation we threw it over the middle to….that guy. We never throw it over the middle and NOW you
This X 1000. It’s insane. I could be a better OC. Enough.

Amazing.

Throw was behind him. Not where you want the ball thrown. I also couldn’t believe we threw the ball. It’s so bad. And they make millions. I keep coming back to that after watching these last 5 games.

Horrible penalty. Not even close either.

As I type this I’m laughing…. 7-17 for 37 yards and 4 ints cost us the game.

37 passing yards.

Coming off the heels of last week's zero yards total rushing.

FWIW, BC had 28 1st downs to our 10. Time of possession: BC 42:17 to our 17:44.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom