The Positive Side of Malachi Leaving Early | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Positive Side of Malachi Leaving Early

The list is impressive that we have consistent first rounders, but only one of the guys starts and he may not actually start next year.
Melo's not going to start next season?

We are stuck in this bizarre limbo -- we always have players good enough to get drafted in round 1, but they never fully realize their potential in college, so they are never good enough to carry a team in the tournament. But since they are good enough to go in round 1, they never stay to reach that place where they can carry a team in the tournament.

But seriously, 9 1st roudners in 9 years, including 8 out of the last 9? How many teams can say that right now? UK, UNC, maybe Duke. That's rarified air. Our current NBA roster of alumni is solid too, definitely top 10.

To be fair, since this streak started we do have 2 Sweet 16s, 2 FFs and an Elite 8; So it's not like we've done nothing, but the ship would be nice. And ironically, our 2 best teams (2010 and 2012) didn't make it to the FF, so you could argue since 2010, we've been right there with the elite schools. 2010, 2012, 2013 (FF), 2016 (FF). Just shows how hard championships are to win, and how much of a crap shoot the tournament is when the 2016 team goes to the FF but the 2010 or 2012 teams didn't

Without Richardson we don't get to a Final Four. Without MCW we don't get to a Final Four. As far as I'm concerned, they've done a lot for the program so I'm fine with them leaving.
We are stuck in this bizarre limbo -- we always have players good enough to get drafted in round 1, but they never fully realize their potential in college, so they are never good enough to carry a team in the tournament. But since they are good enough to go in round 1, they never stay to reach that place where they can carry a team in the tournament.

Bravo! I have not seen a defter analysis of our conundrum!

You're killing me Iommi...

Not trying to tease. This guy isn't some random name that's never come up. Jake referred to it as 15% chance. Personally, I prefer this guy for next year over the other options. No drama and would be very productive. Unfortunately, it's not looking likely, though some of us thought it was a very real possibility a few weeks ago. I don't think anyone knows what changed.

I think Thompson is overrated. And I doubt Se7en gets cleared if he chooses us. Door #3 would be a very good thing but sadly it might not happen.

I hate to keep commenting but I don't want give the impression I'm jerking people around. Please don't speculate on this guy. Thanks.

But seriously, 9 1st roudners in 9 years, including 8 out of the last 9? How many teams can say that right now? UK, UNC, maybe Duke. That's rarified air. Our current NBA roster of alumni is solid too, definitely top 10.

To be fair, since this streak started we do have 2 Sweet 16s, 2 FFs and an Elite 8; So it's not like we've done nothing, but the ship would be nice. And ironically, our 2 best teams (2010 and 2012) didn't make it to the FF, so you could argue since 2010, we've been right there with the elite schools. 2010, 2012, 2013 (FF), 2016 (FF). Just shows how hard championships are to win, and how much of a crap shoot the tournament is when the 2016 team goes to the FF but the 2010 or 2012 teams didn't

Without Richardson we don't get to a Final Four. Without MCW we don't get to a Final Four. As far as I'm concerned, they've done a lot for the program so I'm fine with them leaving.
Yup. We miss out on guys like Anthony Davis, Karl Towns, John Wall. Guys that can almost single handedly get you to an E8, then if you put them on a good team you're looking FF bound, then from there it's a flip of a coin to title. Fab, MCW, Dion, Donte, etc. I'd take again in a heartbeat, but they're a level below the guys I mentioned before.

Yup. We miss out on guys like Anthony Davis, Karl Towns, John Wall. Guys that can almost single handedly get you to an E8, then if you put them on a good team you're looking FF bound, then from there it's a flip of a coin to title. Fab, MCW, Dion, Donte, etc. I'd take again in a heartbeat, but they're a level below the guys I mentioned before.

We could have won the title in 2012 and 2013, things just didn't break our way. Those teams were good enough.

This year was an entire different story.

They jury's out on next year. I don't think we have enough scoring, other people disagree.

Can we beat UNC, Louisville, UVA and Miami the way the current roster is constructed? I know we beat UVA in the tournament, but I'm sick of not competing with those four schools. For the most part, they have dominated us since we joined the ACC.

We could have won the title in 2012 and 2013, things just didn't break our way. Those teams were good enough.

They jury's out on next year. I don't think we have enough scoring, other people disagree.

Can we beat UNC, Louisville, UVA and Miami the way the current roster is constructed? I know we beat UVA in the tournament, but I'm sick of not competing with those four schools. For the most part, they have dominated us since we joined the ACC.

It all depends on Malachi, he is good enough to make us a top ten national title team.

Cusefan0307 said:

miami has dominated us? we beat em 2x in 2014. lost 1x to them this year. drawing a blank on 2015. maybe you mean pitt instead of miami.

Not if most Knick fans had their way.
Oh. Ok. Uh huh. Well, despite Carmelo being a Knick I'm still not a fan again. Haven't fully recovered from the fiasco that was Ewing which made me a Knicks hater. The perennially awful management doesn't help. So I guess my opinion that Carmelo is really not to blame for most of the bad things about the Knicks is coming from a non fan and doesn't count.

Oh. Ok. Uh huh. Well, despite Carmelo being a Knick I'm still not a fan again. Haven't fully recovered from the fiasco that was Ewing which made me a Knicks hater. The perennially awful management doesn't help. So I guess my opinion that Carmelo is really not to blame for most of the bad things about the Knicks is coming from a non fan and doesn't count.

I don't blame Melo at all, but a majority of Knicks fan for some reason do, maybe Its because I am also a Syracuse fan.

I don't blame Melo at all, but a majority of Knicks fan for some reason do, maybe Its because I am also a Syracuse fan.
Ok, thanks for clarifying that. It's pretty unrealistic to expect Carmelo or any single NBA player to lead their team to a championship if the supporting staff isn't very good. Por- however you spell his name looks really good for the future. Hopefully more long lasting than Lin was. I guess there are a couple of other decent players on the roster so maybe Carmelo doesn't feel the need to do it all on his own from now on. But I'm pretty sure that Phil Jackson is past his prime and who knows what will happen with the coach so lots of unknowns, none of which are good signs of the Knicks winning a championship while Carmelo is a Knick.

Oh and the owner is a total putz.

There is no positive side of Malachi leaving early. MCW is the only one who is not considered a disappointment in the NBA. And if we're being totally honest MCW has been very inconsistent. I love Dion and it irritates me that many on this site hammer him consistently. But even Dion has not lived up to his lofty draft spot.

There is no positive side of Malachi leaving early. MCW is the only one who is not considered a disappointment in the NBA. And if we're being totally honest MCW has been very inconsistent. I love Dion and it irritates me that many on this site hammer him consistently. But even Dion has not lived up to his lofty draft spot.

I don't understand how its a bad thing to want the kid to come back next year, everyone associated with Syracuse basketball wants him to come back next year. He has three more shots at the Nba after next year.

Dion is not a bust. He's a very good player but You can't blame him for Cleveland REACHING on him.

Just like I don't consider Anthony Bennett a bust.

I just consider the fact that Cleveland scouting is just terrible at what they do.

Dion is not a bust. He's a very good player but You can't blame him for Cleveland REACHING on him.

Just like I don't consider Anthony Bennett a bust.

I just consider the fact that Cleveland scouting is just terrible at what they do.
So, where did he say Dion was a bust? He said he hasn't lived up to his draft spot. Totally different things.

So, where did he say Dion was a bust? He said he hasn't lived up to his draft spot. Totally different things.
With the way he put the statement it sounds implied that He was a bust.

Would you have preferred to see fewer of them have decent NBA careers?

No...I would of liked them to play one more year and possible gotten further along...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom