The Prez and the Orange | Syracusefan.com

The Prez and the Orange

LPOrange

2nd String
I was watching the post game interviews and MCW said the President tried to visit the locker room to congratulate the team but wasn't allowed. Can you imagine some $12/hr security person turning away the President because he didn't have the proper laminate!

I was watching the post game interviews and MCW said the President tried to visit the locker room to congratulate the team but wasn't allowed. Can you imagine some $12/hr security person turning away the President because he didn't have the proper laminate!

That seems hard to believe.

Not shooting the messenger, but I find it incredibly difficult to believe.

ahhh...no security guard is keep the president from a photo op- he probably didnt want to be upstaged by MCW

POTUS could have that security guard "disappear" immediately if he wanted to. I'm not buying it either

Don't know how to imbed the video here, but it's at about the 1:50 mark.
POTUS

(BTW, MCW doesn't say why the President wasn't allowed in)

The secret service won't allow the president to go anywhere they deem insecure.

Thamel mentions this...said secret service (as opposed to Verizon center security) wouldn't let it happen, so cantor came in and told the team Barack said hi or something.

I am guessing they would have had to have sweapt the locker room for weapons or something beforehand

Thamel mentions this...said secret service (as opposed to Verizon center security) wouldn't let it happen, so cantor came in and told the team Barack said hi or something.

I am guessing they would have had to have sweapt the locker room for weapons or something beforehand

Bingo, those guys are watching him like a hawk if there not 100% sure hes not going. Secret Service is really good at what they do, hard to argue with there results

He was probably worried that Biden was in there and would just crack the door open and let fly with two blasts from his shotgun when they knocked to get in.

From Thamel's article:

The only disappointment, players said, came when Syracuse Chancellor Nancy Cantor came in and told the team that President Barack Obama's security detail wouldn't let him come congratulate them.

"Can't I go see the 'Cuse?" Obama asked. Cantor told the team: "The President of United States watched every bit of it. He said you were fabulous."

I guess they'll never let him attend a high school dance then.

BAM! Geddit?!

Had the president been allowed to visit the team after the game, would the NCAA have fined him 50k like they did Jay-Z for visiting the Kentucky locker room in Newark after the Eastern Regional there a few years ago??

one of the players couldn't pass the criminal background check from the secret service;)

I guess they'll never let him attend a high school dance then.

BAM! Geddit?!
yea i get it.. you were insecure in high school... get some gd confidence you little girl.

Why couldn't the team go outside the locker room to see him??? Lol

I sat just above POTUS and was shocked at how lax security was. Shocked.

Nobody was frisked, no metal detectors. And POTUS was literally sitting 8 feet max away from regular joes.

Unbelievable.

Nobody was frisked, no metal detectors. And POTUS was literally sitting 8 feet max away from regular joes.

Unbelievable.

There was a lot more security than you saw. The Secret Service is seen when they want to be seen and blend in very well when they do not want to be seen.

I had friends who performed the military sweeps in conjunction with the Secret Service prior to the Prez/Veep appearances. They are very in depth and thorough. They are also good with handling the masses without disrupting everything.

Unbelievable.
Did you have cell service during the game?

This. If anyone said he couldn't go in the locker room, it was the SS.

Or JB.