The program is washed. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

The program is washed.

Are you giving lifetime achievement credits, or simply basing it on pure coaching ability, regardless of longevity or other potentially mitigating circumstances (resources, TV exposure, etc…)

I’ll tackle the low-hanging fruit first.

All from coaches who were active when JB started, so no Wooden, Rupp, Phog Allen, etc…

Who do you disagree with below?

K
Dean Smith
Roy
Knight
Calhoun
Pitino
Jay Wright
Self
Izzo
Cal
Donovan

I’d put him over Cal, Donovan, and Self. I’d be sympathetic to arguments to put him above Izzy and Bobby Knight as well.

Calll me insane, but I still think JB is staying simply so that when his wins get reinstated, that he will be the all time winningest coach. He cares about it that much. Trust me

I think there's some underlying validity to what you suggest.

I think in JB's perfect world, he'd stick around long enough to get a hundred more wins, and pass coach k.

But the program has declined beyond the point where that's feasible. If he sticks around 2 to 3 more years, we'll crater even further.

Think things are bad now? Imagine three or four more years of this level of performance, if not worse.

What is the all time list of average win per season for a career over a minimum of X seasons? Are there stats for that?

Is Jim the oldest active teacher at SU
Imagine how it would go over if any professor walked into their classroom every day, sat down, and just ‘observed’ their students for the first half of the class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom