The program is washed. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

The program is washed.

I know for sure I could make that happen. Not kidding. JB turned down my invite to play Augusta so he will prob turn that down as well

Eh. Augusta is just Onondaga in July - JB, probably.

Sticking around for the wins record?!

That’s absolute insanity. He’s not doing that.

The only reason JB is still here is because he literally doesn’t know what else to do, and he simply can’t stop being “Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim”. They’re gonna have to quiet fire him because he ain’t leaving on his own.

I think that it's been over for a few years now. He must have known it.

Other than game days, he has "quietly quit" for several years now.

You can argue he quit when he decided to stop recruiting hard

One national championship. Who cares if JB has the most wins. He is not in the top 10 of all time coaches in my opinion. We owe him nothing.
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. He's in the 8-10 range all-time.

Sticking around for the wins record?!

That’s absolute insanity. He’s not doing that.

The only reason JB is still here is because he literally doesn’t know what else to do, and he simply can’t stop being “Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim”. They’re gonna have to quiet fire him because he ain’t leaving on his own.
I lean in this direction also. But wow if it actually is the wins record, the NCAA really did screw us over with those sanctions - just a few years later than we expected.

Last edited:
Are you giving lifetime achievement credits, or simply basing it on pure coaching ability, regardless of longevity or other potentially mitigating circumstances (resources, TV exposure, etc…)

I’ll tackle the low-hanging fruit first.

All from coaches who were active when JB started, so no Wooden, Rupp, Phog Allen, etc…

Who do you disagree with below?

K
Dean Smith
Roy
Knight
Calhoun
Pitino
Jay Wright
Self
Izzo
Cal
Donovan
I think you can lump he, Izzo and Cal together. One title for Cal at UK. He and Tubby’s resume is about the same and in actuality Tubby never missed the tournament and still got fired. Cal is lucky he hasn’t been chopped yet.

His exact response was “I’ve played it. It’s alright”. Word for word. Offered to take him Gmac and Griff during peach jam and then realized JB doesn’t even go to that lol
Willing to take a random internet stranger? I won’t pass that up :)

Complete nonsense.
Turn your sarcasm meter on.

Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

His exact response was “I’ve played it. It’s alright”. Word for word. Offered to take him Gmac and Griff during peach jam and then realized JB doesn’t even go to that lol
Funny. Lots of hills for a 75 plus guy

You

In the one year of the portal as we know it? Okay lol people getting desperate now
I’ll believe it when I see it in regards to Boeheim going big on the transfer portal. Up until recently he openly held the stance that, for the most part, he didn’t want guys from the transfer portal because either they’re not good or there’s a problem with them and that’s why they’re in the portal. Which is clearly not the only case, because most teams in the ACC have at least one impact transfer.

Last edited:
Thing is during his speech at halftime of the Georgetown game he sounded like a man who knew the end was in sight. He was on the verge of tears and it was the most humility I’ve seen from him. I actually thought for a second that he was going to announce his retirement then.

Losing is -1, but we are +19000 in attendance, ok, these are facts, and you guys kept writing about losing. We can't get Picassos to paint houses.

Are you giving lifetime achievement credits, or simply basing it on pure coaching ability, regardless of longevity or other potentially mitigating circumstances (resources, TV exposure, etc…)

I’ll tackle the low-hanging fruit first.

All from coaches who were active when JB started, so no Wooden, Rupp, Phog Allen, etc…

Who do you disagree with below?

K
Dean Smith
Roy
Knight
Calhoun
Pitino
Jay Wright
Self
Izzo
Cal
Donovan
Obviously JB has done a lot for the community, but putting that aside, and looking only at coaching resume, I see Boeheim closer to Ray Meyer.

Aren't you well connected? What do ypu think the scuttlebutt around the office cooler is?
I am not anymore. I served 20 years in volunteer alumni relations. My 4 years on the national alumni board ended last summer, and now I am just a regular fan. Also turn over of staff has really left me out in the cold. I don't even know anyone anymore. I have friends who feed me some stuff. But this is all buttoned up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom