The real reason we won... | Syracusefan.com

The real reason we won...

Best thing JB did with our chukC was sit his butt down.

Guy is a bad basketball player. Landed yet another alley oop. No way I would ever pass to him if I was Frank.

Yes, he's he's better than expected. But we expected awful. He's just above that line. Out rebounded on one instance by a 6'5" guy. That can't happen EVER.

Best thing JB did with our chukC was sit his butt down.

Guy is a bad basketball player. Landed yet another alley oop. No way I would ever pass to him if I was Frank.

Yes, he's he's better than expected. But we expected awful. He's just above that line. Out rebounded on one instance by a 6'5" guy. That can't happen EVER.
He’s not bad. That’s silly.

Hes been good actually. Except today. He’s been blocking shots, contesting shots. His ft % has improved big time. Hes not that athletic but he gives us a nice presence down low. And sometimes he will surprise you with a block out of no where.

PC's problem today is he allowed himself to get punked near the hoop by guys half his size and twice his girth. They stripped the ball over and over again. He had a wide open left handed put back and decided to turn into the lane and have it deflected instead. He made some terrible decisions today. He'll bounce back.

PC's problem today is he allowed himself to get punked near the hoop by guys half his size and twice his girth. They stripped the ball over and over again. He had a wide open left handed put back and decided to turn into the lane and have it deflected instead. He made some terrible decisions today. He'll bounce back.

He tries to pump fake guys who are smaller than him. Who does that?

Honestly, I don't think he trusts his own hands to catch the ball cleanly.

That Pittsburgh player was talking trash to him while he was shooting his ft, you could see it from the tv. He probably was doing it the whole time he was in and got into his head.

That Pittsburgh player was talking trash to him while he was shooting his ft, you could see it from the tv. He probably was doing it the whole time he was in and got into his head.

He was actually talking to the ref who was off to Chukwu's left.

He’s avg 6.5 ppg, 6.7 rpg and 3 plus bpg. Your post is nonsensical

He's 7'2". Those numbers are excellent if this was his actual first year of hoops. It's not. So they are not adequate. Sid is a better choice. And if his knees are healthy, we see far less Chewy. And we win more games.

He's 7'2". Those numbers are excellent if this was his actual first year of hoops. It's not. So they are not adequate. Sid is a better choice. And if his knees are healthy, we see far less Chewy. And we win more games.
why do you grind this axe on and on? you've reached a point where it's actually coming off as some weird personal grudge or something

Look, I wish chewie were better, especially on offense. But man, he's been very good for us this year. Against BC he had 14 and 7. Against UVA, he had 9 and 16. And most importantly, he's a really good defensive player for us. It's not just about the blocks, but also about the shots he alters or that other teams don't even take. Just be being back there, he allows our wing players to push higher up. It's because of him, not in spite of him that we have the 11th best defense in the country (per Kenpom).

Look, I wish chewie were better, especially on offense. But man, he's been very good for us this year. Against BC he had 14 and 7. Against UVA, he had 9 and 16. And most importantly, he's a really good defensive player for us. It's not just about the blocks, but also about the shots he alters or that other teams don't even take. Just be being back there, he allows our wing players to push higher up. It's because of him, not in spite of him that we have the 11th best defense in the country (per Kenpom).
Yeah, very good is what I have a problem with. He's not. Sometimes serviceable.

With Sidibe in the game and Chukwu not bearing the load solo, don't be surprised if Chukwu improves markedly. He'll improve regardless, but with Sidibe in the game there will be real offensive threat and Chukwu is likely to have the weaker defender, being the lesser threat.

It may even help Marek, assuming he will get the weakest of the big defenders when the three are in together.

With Sidibe in the game and Chukwu not bearing the load solo, don't be surprised if Chukwu improves markedly. He'll improve regardless, but with Sidibe in the game there will be real offensive threat and Chukwu is likely to have the weaker defender, being the lesser threat.

It may even help Marek, assuming he will get the weakest of the big defenders when the three are in together.
I can't remember seeing the Twin Towers lineup (PC and Sidibe together) at any point this year. Not sure how well Bourama would fare in the forward spot on D.

why do you grind this axe on and on? you've reached a point where it's actually coming off as some weird personal grudge or something
You're probably right.

I get confused because what I see doesn't equate to what people here say. I know he's not been on the floor enough to truly develop, but people keep talking about this incredible improvement.

And I likely push back stronger than I actually feel.

Chewy wasnt his best today but neither were any of the starters. Road game different start time who knows but they were all in a major funk. Sid played great and looked healthy for the first time since early in the season. I have a feeling that we bounce back on Wednesday. Strange game for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom