The Real Winner Of This Game | Syracusefan.com

The Real Winner Of This Game

anomander

Living Legend
Even though Syracuse pulled out another gritty win it shouldn't overshadow the performance of this guy

upload_2014-2-12_21-35-45.jpeg

Michael Stephens totally dominated us tonight. He is getting on the same level as Burr, Hess, and Cahill. Let's hope we don't see him too many more times.

Ok now back to the celebration

I'm surprised he didn't give Grant a blocking foul honestly for that Charge on Robinson. I seriously thought he was gonna make the blocking signal. When he made the Charge signal I thought I was dreaming.

I have to say this, though: I listened to most of this game on Sirius, stuck in traffic on my way home from work. Tonight, the Sirius feed was the Pitt announcing team - and they were angry all night about Stephens, so it seems like his suckitude cut both ways.

I have to say this, though: I listened to most of this game on Sirius, stuck in traffic on my way home from work. Tonight, the Sirius feed was the Pitt announcing team - and they were angry all night about Stephens, so it seems like his suckitude cut both ways.

i don't know instant replay didn't seem to agree with any of his original calls.

Well it's not the Clemson game where homers are just complaining because they're homers.
For a "how objective of a fan are you?" reference point, my post on the first Pitt game...http://syracusefan.com/threads/pitt-board.66424/#post-895387

It's a little, I would say questionable that we got the "same shake" on the road as they did 1/18.
Man I'm struggling to speculate on what the Pitt announcers could've been complaining about...
A couple out of bounds calls I guess? One of Ennis' layup/fouls maybe was questionable?
Grant was got disembowled 3-4 times without a call, Pitt got two-three very touchy and1's, Cooney's offensive foul was hilariously bad...
Lets just say it makes up for the Duke game.

ESPN is the big winner!!! This game made everyone forget the disappointment of the Duke/UNC cancellation. It also makes the SU/Duke game even bigger, if SU beats State and BC.

Moqui, is that announcing team the most insufferable bunch you've ever heard? I couldn't stand their incessant whining when I listened to the Pitt game over the weekend. The 90-year old guy sounded like he was going to cry.

I'm surprised he didn't give Grant a blocking foul honestly for that Charge on Robinson. I seriously thought he was gonna make the blocking signal. When he made the Charge signal I thought I was dreaming.
He didn't give Grant a blocking foul because it wouldn't have allowed him to pull his "look at me" bs. He's worse than Teddy TV, and Karl Hess rolled into one.

PeteCalvin said:
Moqui, is that announcing team the most insufferable bunch you've ever heard? I couldn't stand their incessant whining when I listened to the Pitt game over the weekend. The 90-year old guy sounded like he was going to cry.

They are terrible, but Sirius has exposed me to many others who are as bad or worse

I loved hearing their call on Ennis' shot!! The pain in the play by play caller's voice was awesome!!

Does anyone remember in the first few minutes of the game the Pitt hit a 3 when the players foot was clearly on the line and they said they would be reviewing it at the next dead ball and we never heard anything else about it but Pitt was given the 3. What!

I usually don't pay much attention to the broadcasters jabbering but tonight's crew really got under my skin. The constant criticism of Cuse players, the innumerable mentions of how great Pitt is at the Pete, and constantly imploring Pitt players to beat the zone and giving constant direction on how to do it...was just so biased.

Even though Syracuse pulled out another gritty win it shouldn't overshadow the performance of this guy

View attachment 7819

Michael Stephens totally dominated us tonight. He is getting on the same level as Burr, Hess, and Cahill. Let's hope we don't see him too many more times.

Hands down, the worst official in college basketball. And not just because of tonight's performance by him.

Stephens flat out stinks at his job.

Well, Stephens's involvement solves the riddle of why the officiating was so off the wall tonight.

View attachment 7819

He was HORRIBLE, but let's not leave good ole' Tim Higgins out of that illustrious group of die hard SU haters!

imo refs were in the 6-10 bad call range against us tonight, but not the 10-15 range. And it was some of the other refs as well.

The charge into Grant was very clear, the only thing they could legitimately be debating was if Ennis tripped him early. If they were discussing the charge during the ref time out then they should be sent back to HS games. Well, after looking at the rest of the game, they should be sent back to HS games.

The charge into Grant was very clear, the only thing they could legitimately be debating was if Ennis tripped him early. If they were discussing the charge during the ref time out then they should be sent back to HS games. Well, after looking at the rest of the game, they should be sent back to HS games.

That's what I'm saying. How many other Clear calls weren't correctly made? I don't think I have enough fingers and toes here.

The pitt radio guys are the biggest homers I have ever listened to. Our boys have orange bias as expected but every call that goes against pitt they question from the times ive heard them.