The red-shirt list must diminish if the injury list grows | Syracusefan.com

The red-shirt list must diminish if the injury list grows

CaliCuse

All American
I believe that must be an axiom. If a kid can contribute to winning he must play when circumstances dictate this. I speak of Adonis and even a Donnie Simmons if he has the ability to reach an opposition QB. I can't think of anyone else that could be pressed into service but I'm sure there must be another one or two on the roster that fit into this category.

I do not want to see Donnie's redshirt burned at all, we're fine on the line. AAM, well, if we're going to burn it, we better do it this game or the next and it better be worth it.

Just in regards to Donnie...I had a chance to talk to him over the summer and he seems like a "Marrone kind of kid." He was very respectful and even thanked me for supporting the team. Who knows what he brings to the table in terms of skills but as a person, I couldn't complain a bit.

Unless one of Marinovich, Ball, Robinson, or Sharpe go out with a season ending injury, there's no need to burn any Frosh's Redshirt who is projected at DE.

Desir, Reddish, Crume, Lynch - that's been it so far right? I don't count Kobena or Dy Davis as they prepped.

I would be surprised to see any of the Frosh in jeopardy of having their RS's burned other than Adonis Ameen-Moore. Have a bad feeling on Gulley, unless Rene is the sub for Gulley and you have Bailey, Rene, and Jerome Smith.

"Desir, Reddish, Crume, Lynch - that's been it so far right? I don't count Kobena or Dy Davis as they prepped.

I would be surprised to see any of the Frosh in jeopardy of having their RS's burned other than Adonis Ameen-Moore. Have a bad feeling on Gulley, unless Rene is the sub for Gulley and you have Bailey, Rene, and Jerome Smith"

Many a redshirt is gone:
Everyone below has played this year:
Foster ( 3 Tackles vs Toledo), Crume, Davis (starter), Desir, Diabate(one start), Fisher, Kobena, Lynch, Reddish, Rodgers-LS, Vigille.

There might be one more.
TV Announcers said SU had 11 true frosh playing this season BEFORE Toledo game and Foster getting his first time.

Just in regards to Donnie...I had a chance to talk to him over the summer and he seems like a "Marrone kind of kid." He was very respectful and even thanked me for supporting the team. Who knows what he brings to the table in terms of skills but as a person, I couldn't complain a bit.
I love to read that about young players instead of the trouble they get into which is always played up big in the media. Thanks I hope he gets a chance to make another impression on the field. Sooner now considering the circumstances.

Desir, Reddish, Crume, Lynch - that's been it so far right? I don't count Kobena or Dy Davis as they prepped.

I would be surprised to see any of the Frosh in jeopardy of having their RS's burned other than Adonis Ameen-Moore. Have a bad feeling on Gulley, unless Rene is the sub for Gulley and you have Bailey, Rene, and Jerome Smith.[/quote]
Many a redshirt is gone:

Foster ( 3 Tackles vs Toledo), Crume, Davis (starter), Desir, Diabate(one start), Fisher, Kobena, Lynch, Reddish, Rodgers-LS, Vigille.

There might be one more.
TV Announcers said SU had 11 true frosh playing this season BEFORE Toledo game and Foster getting his first time.[/quote]
I love to read that about young players instead of the trouble they get into which is always played up big in the media. Thanks I hope he gets a chance to make another impression on the field. Sooner now considering the circumstances.
We also have ,due to injury Kris Curtis on the shelf. He is considered an excellent prospect and when he recovers will have extra time to get himself ready to play, I hope for everyone's sake.

I do not want to see Donnie's redshirt burned at all, we're fine on the line. AAM, well, if we're going to burn it, we better do it this game or the next and it better be worth it.
So if PTG is out for the year, what choice does Marrone have? You think we can roll with just Bailey and Smith for the season?

no i believe we will see AAM if gulley is out an extended time...this is where the rhody game hurts us. would have been nice to see smith get 5-8 carries and see what he has. too bad because i actually thought PTG was our best back last game. like his speed, juice, and how he hit the holes. lets hope for the best.

We seem to forget the reason for the redshirt rule .. it was originally to provide an extra year for an injured player .. considering what has been happening lately .. playing as a frosh and having an extra year later in your career to make up for an injury may be a better idea if a player is good enough to play right away ..

"Desir, Reddish, Crume, Lynch - that's been it so far right? I don't count Kobena or Dy Davis as they prepped.

I would be surprised to see any of the Frosh in jeopardy of having their RS's burned other than Adonis Ameen-Moore. Have a bad feeling on Gulley, unless Rene is the sub for Gulley and you have Bailey, Rene, and Jerome Smith"

Many a redshirt is gone:

There might be one more.
TV Announcers said SU had 11 true frosh playing this season BEFORE Toledo game and Foster getting his first time.

When did Vigille play?

When did Vigille play?

According to the "official" box score, he played against Wake ... but I can't recall seeing him in the game.

He hasn't played since. I still think it was a mistake. Some of those Official Participation Reports are messed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom