The refs should be fired | Syracusefan.com

The refs should be fired

orange03

Starter
for such a blatant missed call. A win is a win, but hate to a game decided by the officials

for such a blatant missed call. A win is a win, but hate to a game decided by the officials

Agreed, not exactly a win to feel good about. This one feels more like a draw.

I have that same feeling of relief combined with slight guilt that I felt after the Toledo extra point screw-up.

I've never felt so bad after a win. Our shooting and rebounding is abysmal--better figure it out or we won't live to see the sweet 16.

I've never felt so bad after a win. Our shooting and rebounding is abysmal--better figure it out or we won't live to see the sweet 16.
THIS.

I have that same feeling of relief combined with slight guilt that I felt after the Toledo extra point screw-up.
Ha the Toledo game immediately came to mind for me also! Seriously the officiating was horrid in our favor today. There was a five minute stretch at the end of the first half that all calls were bad and against WVU.

Yea you should see the WVU board. Total meltdown mode after the missed call.

But yea horrible calls all game both sides. We got robbed on several clear fouls that lead to WVU fast breaks.

Yea you should see the WVU board. Total meltdown mode after the missed call.

But yea horrible calls all game both sides. We got robbed on several clear fouls that lead to WVU fast breaks.

Agreed--it was bad all the way around.

Why is it every game Hess officiates, I notice him? Refs should be seen and not heard.

And I agree with some posts from earlier in this thread--the officiating was somehow horrible for BOTH teams. A rare "feat" accomplished by today's crew.

Plus that jump ball on either Keita/Rak (can't remember) when he ties up Kalicli. Both players have both hands on the ball for 4-5 seconds. Hess who has no view of the action calls a foul. What?

Hess is terrible...and was that Cahill with the grey hair? He sucks too.

Plus that jump ball on either Keita/Rak (can't remember) when he ties up Kalicli. Both players have both hands on the ball for 4-5 seconds. Hess who has no view of the action calls a foul. What?
And my frustration was compounded by clueless Beth Mowins saying it was called for a reach-around...uh...the ball was right in front of him.

And my frustration was compounded by clueless Beth Mowins saying it was called for a reach-around...uh...the ball was right in front of him.

What? Beth Mowins gave you a reach around??

A win is a win. Feeling guilty over it. . F the inbreds. Unless we play in the BET or NCAA, this is our last game against them ever, and we've played our last football game against them, and I'm happy we came out winning both of them.

The goaltend was a horrible call, but there was plenty of time for us to score and it was only tied.

WVA Had a chance to win with a 3 at the Buzzer with 6 sec left otherwise SU has the Ball tied with 6 sec left, advantage team with last possession :D

I agree. Those fouls called on Keita and Christmas were terrible.

As they say, things have a way of evening out over time. The past 4-5 games have been atrocious in the officiating category against SU. Today, it went in our favor. While the missed call was awful, I say that makes up for that prayer bank 3 WVU hit from 35 feet towards the end of the game that tied it. Well at least that makes me feel a little better about winning like that...

Horrible officiating on both sides culminating with the obvious goaltending non-call. It was really embarrassing. That WV lob pass down court that was very clearly not touched by Scoop before it went out of bounds was another example of a horrible call.

I'll take the W, but there should be an asterisk next to this one.

No asterisk. Bad calls are part of the game. Of course, douche bags in the media (aka Doug Gottlieb) will say this win shouldn't even count.

Horrible officiating on both sides culminating with the obvious goaltending non-call. It was really embarrassing. That WV lob pass down court that was very clearly not touched by Scoop before it went out of bounds was another example of a horrible call.

I'll take the W, but there should be an asterisk next to this one.
Pretty sure that led to a WVU 3 right after that missed call. People are going to make more of a big deal though when it's a missed call in the last minute of game, however, then a missed call that resulted in points during the middle of game.

22-1 ... minus fab.. missed open shots and poor rebounding.. dion brandon and kris all made plays and all made some mistakes. nuff said this is nothing like seton hall blowout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom