the Refs...... | Syracusefan.com

the Refs......

both final four games were soured by Shitttt officiating. The NCAA needs to burn to the ground. 4 major conferences with 16-18 teams... branch out and make their of governing body.

When we first started pressing there were two times where I thought they got away with some pretty obvious push-offs. The one on the free throw line where Burke took both hands and pushed BT seemed especially obvious. Oh well - we get that MCW call, or the one with BT and who knows what happens.....kind of crazy.

The final foul on MCW kind of seemed like the UL game to me where the refs were consistently missing calls, and MCW finally had a moment where the frustration got to him and he lost it a bit. Game changer - and we end up with no guards.

Officiating is always a touchy subject here. You have the group who blames the refs for every loss and the group that never does.
I didn't complain at all about the 35-7 FT's in Milwaukee because well, I thought we fouled a lot more than they did (much like Cal did vs us).

IDK, this is a tough one. As Gottlieb said you want them to be consistent. I erased the DVR but maybe someone can find an and-1 that UM got on basically the same play on the same spot on the floor vs MCW in the 1st half. It was a close play but I'm cool with that just always being called a block when it's that close. Needless to say it wasn't when we had the ball. And MCW's 4th just wow; that's not even remotely borderline.

I do agree w/ those saying Michigan played better and maybe "deserved" it more and I guess that makes it a little easier to swallow. But meh, the history of sports is littered with games - big championship level games - where the team that played better the majority of the game didn't necessarily win (Kansas-Michigan in this tournament for one) and nobody afterwards ever says " well the team that led most of the way deserved some calls".

I am never one to blame the refs - and I don't necessarily blame the refs for this loss. With that being said, the poor officiating effectively thwarted the Syracuse comeback, and MAY have helped decide this game. It's truly disturbing, and will get swept under the rug. The 4th MCW foul and the Triche "charge" were just horrific calls I can't even see a CYO ref making. The Triche call really felt to me like the ref was trying to not give Cuse a call there with the impression it was some kind of bang bang play. That was the absolute wrong call to make in that spot, the ref was right there, and he knew that would be a huge call. It really makes me wonder What is going on with these officials.

Sometimes I wonder if it has to do with the gambling. I'm not sure if it was the case, but the BT "charge", and MCW's 4th were horrible calls of game changing proportion...saved right for the end of the game as if they were needed.

Refs are human and just as likely to be thin-skinned and petty as anybody else.

All year I've watched MCW gesticulate & complain about calls that weren't in his favor and feel that those moments certainly contribute to not getting 50/50 calls down the stretch.

That awful blown call for MCW's fourth foul just stank of retribution for all of the arm waving melodramatic reactions by MCW.

Hopefully as MCW grows in his professional career he figures out a better way to work officials.

Refs are human and just as likely to be thin-skinned and petty as anybody else.

All year I've watched MCW gesticulate & complain about calls that weren't in his favor and feel that those moments certainly contribute to not getting 50/50 calls down the stretch.

That awful blown call for MCW's fourth foul just stank of retribution for all of the arm waving melodramatic reactions by MCW.

Hopefully as MCW grows in his professional career he figures out a better way to work officials.

I'm glad I wasnt the only one noticing. I was going to start a thread on that but didnt have it in me. His 5th foul was directly a result of all the other calls and non calls and his inability to control his frustration with them. I can't completely blame him, but he has to learn what works and what doesn't, and become a bit more cerebral in order to do better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom