The result of the game aside... | Syracusefan.com

The result of the game aside...

Eric15

Living Legend
SU/UConn is still an electric event at the Garden, and still has the feel of a heavyweight fight. Even though both teams stink, it looked like MSG was totally packed. I know, they're a mid-major and we don't need to play them yadda yadda, but I would like to continue this great rivalry every year.

SU/UConn is still an electric event at the Garden, and still has the feel of a heavyweight fight. Even though both teams stink, it looked like MSG was totally packed. I know, they're a mid-major and we don't need to play them yadda yadda, but I would like to continue this great rivalry every year.

At least from where I was sitting, that was basically a quasi Yukon home game. They came out and their student section was packed. I understand that was their Superbowl, but I expected a better turnout of Orange like in years past against them.

Loud crowd cheering on TV both ways. Sounded like a 50/50 audience. If anyone was there what would you estimate the crowd mix.

I'd say 60/40 UConn. But I may be wrong. A few of our sections behind the basket were half empty. But it was a good crowd. Loud, though that favored UConn because they brought students and their band.

I hope Wildhack was taking notes.

Mad said the same thing. I'm with both of you.

It wasn't quite Friday night at the Big East but the atmosphere was pretty damn good for a really awful display of basketball...

Forget the Dome or Hartford or Storrs, it should be an annual game at the Garden.

I just wish it could either be on a Saturday or after Finals so that the SU students could also get there. Definitely missed their energy last night.

Our corporate box was on the UConn side and their students were raucous and got the rest of their fanbase going.

Last non-Big East Syracuse game at the Garden with that type of atmosphere, that I attended, was Wes Johnson's coming out party against Carolina...

There's really nothing good that can come of this event except nostalgia.
images

Member the 6OT game. Oh I member.

So our guys didn't care as much as much as the UConn guys did?

Didn't look it. Our guys are probably more geared for Duke than a team from the A that mattered a long time ago.

Didn't look it. Our guys are probably more geared for Duke than a team from the A that mattered a long time ago.

Our guys should consider getting geared for whoever is on the schedule. We've looked the part of low level mid major for several games now, maybe its time to stop looking down our nose at team's that we are no better than and actually get back to the business of beating them.

If our guys can't get motivated for a nationally televised game against an historical rival which losing would put a huge dent in our RPI and resume, then we should just shut the program down.

Stop the excuses. That's so bs.

It was our 3rd road game in 4 games. That's dumb in pre-conference. In conference people would complain that it was some sort of conspiracy. This we did to ourselves.

Look at who we play and who they play in terms of big games and priorities.

If our guys can't get motivated for a nationally televised game against an historical rival which losing would put a huge dent in our RPI and resume, then we should just shut the program down.

Our graduating class has only known the ACC. Again, 3rd road game in 4 games before conference play. Against a team who needs it more, frankly than we do. We have plenty of chances to make this up in the real season.

I hate this crap that I constantly read on here about UConn being inferior to us. They have 3 National Titles since we won our only 1 & 2 of the last 6. I'd do anything to be such a crap program that is so far below us.

Our guys should consider getting geared for whoever is on the schedule. We've looked the part of low level mid major for several games now, maybe its time to stop looking down our nose at team's that we are no better than and actually get back to the business of beating them.

Clearly we need to shoot better than 26% from the field, regardless of opponent.

We have a challenging enough schedule coming up in conference. We went to Wisconsin. For some inane reason we have JTIII with a solid track record against JB coming to the dome.

I hate this crap that I constantly read on here about UConn being inferior to us. They have 3 National Titles since we won our only 1 & 2 of the last 6. I'd do anything to be such a crap program that is so far below us.

That's not what I (and some others) are saying. They clearly play an inferior schedule to us and NEED this. Heck even Bilas made similar comments during the game.

I don't disagree that we shouldn't make excuses but, the rivalry is just from a fan nostalgia perspective. The players don't have the same memories we do.

Tyler Lydon was 12 years old when the Overtime game happened. Tyus Battle was 10. They didn't live that game or any of the other great battles we had either.

That's not what I (and some others) are saying. They clearly play an inferior schedule to us and NEED this. Heck even Bilas made similar comments during the game.

Which is exactly why we can't lose to bad off teams, because we play harder teams in conference.

Not to mention, playing at "The World's Greatest Arena."

We needed it, too. If the selection show was today, we're out. We have major, major work to do in conference play.

UConn is in advantageous situation. All they have to do is win a few games against mediocre competition in the AAC tourney and they're in the tournament. We don't have that luxury at all.

And was 2014 really a long time ago? I had just gotten the same iPhone then that I have now.

Well, UConn plays or has played 14 teams with a better RPI than us. They surely play a lot of super bowls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom