The result of the game aside... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The result of the game aside...

I don't disagree that we shouldn't make excuses but, the rivalry is just from a fan nostalgia perspective. The players don't have the same memories we do.

But couldn't you apply that logic to any great rivalry?

Well, UConn plays or has played 14 teams with a better RPI than us. They surely play a lot of super bowls.
right cuz our rpi right now will only stay the same or go down in the next two months

We needed it, too. If the selection show was today, we're out. We have major, major work to do in conference play.

UConn is in advantageous situation. All they have to do is win a few games against mediocre competition in the AAC tourney and they're in the tournament. We don't have that luxury at all.

Our RPI will most likely increase as the season goes on. That's going to help UConn. Their Conference stinks, but they aren't guaranteed to beat Cincinnati, Houston or anyone else in their conference tournament.

I guess if you're happy that we are the eventual reason they get in the tournament if we go on a hot streak at some point, then so be it. I would rather see them crash and burn in purgatory, but thats MO.

And was 2014 really a long time ago? I had just gotten the same iPhone then that I have now.

Today's seniors were freshmen when we beat Duke in OT at the Dome. Time sadly marches on...

Well, UConn plays or has played 14 teams with a better RPI than us. They surely play a lot of super bowls.

They play Ohio State then a steady diet of the A. WE play at UNC, were at Wisconsin, host Duke, UVa, etc etc...

They play Ohio State then a steady diet of the A. WE play at UNC, were at Wisconsin, host Duke, UVa, etc etc...

They also played OSU and Oregon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom