The Schwartzwalder trophy. | Syracusefan.com

The Schwartzwalder trophy.

memcorsu

2nd String
I was wondering if we are able to go to the ACC after winning against WV, does the trophy stay on our shelf forever? I don't think it would do ole' Ben justice for it to sit at WVU.

Hopefully the ACC will get smart and invite West Virginia and Connectcut to go to 16. The Mountaineers have nationally ranked football and basketball programs and a great fan base and plenty of natural rivals in the ACC.

You have to figure WVU will land elsewhere before that decision is made.

Expect WVU->Big XII.

Expect a Syracuse-WVU series to be re-introduced in a few years... perhaps playing every other year or so. The trophy will be on the line for those games once again.

pitt will likely have 1st dibs on wv.

i hope to see Syracuse continue to play them. but yes, it wont be every year and id expect to see gaps bigger than 1 year. i doubt wv will fill 2 ooc games each year from the ACC.

Our relationship with WVU goes way back - to the days of the little four (SU, Pitt, PSU, WVU) alliance. We ought to honor this rivalry as transcending our conference divorce.

Our relationship with WVU goes way back - to the days of the little four (SU, Pitt, PSU, WVU) alliance. We ought to honor this rivalry as transcending our conference divorce.
Love playing WVU. It's something we need to try to do every few years, at a minimum.

I don't think it would be difficult for us to find room on our schedule. The BC game will move to a conference game, so it naturally frees up that long term contract.

I actually think it would be more difficult for WVU to find room for us on their schedule. You'd have to think they will continue to play Pitt. They also typically schedule a game with Marshall. Might be difficult for them to find room for us going forward.

I actually think it would be more difficult for WVU to find room for us on their schedule. You'd have to think they will continue to play Pitt. They also typically schedule a game with Marshall. Might be difficult for them to find room for us going forward.
They could have a cycle of 2 years Backyard Brawl, 1 year Syracuse, 2 years Backyard Brawl, 1 year Syracuse, etc.. I think that would work out well for Syracuse as well as it allows a 2-game series with another BCS/FBS team in between Trophy games.

When you change conferences you lose some traditional, annual, games. Hopefully this one won't be lost entirely.

I know after I moved to the ACC on my NCAA Football dynasty (I actually held out longer than real life) I continued to schedule them every year... and they have yet to get the trophy back.

I hope the Schwartzwalder trophy has taken up permanent residence in Syracuse, New York.

Screw West Virginia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom