The season starts Saturday | Syracusefan.com

The season starts Saturday

Crusty

Living Legend
We have 7 games to win 4. Or, if you refer, 6 to win 4. excluding FSU. Of the 7 remaining games, 6 are clearly winnable. If we split those we will stay home during bowl season. We need to win all three remaining home games (Wake, Pitt and BC) and one road game.

Every remaining team on our schedule is probably not as good as the three teams to which we have lost.

Perhaps, the most crucial game in this weekend against the Wolfpack. While they played Clemson much tougher than us (which gave me false hopes) but they have not beaten anyone yet and they lost to Wake. This is a game we can win and I would say must win (if there is such a thing). If we win, we will be 3-3, which will feel so much better than 2-4. The team could gain some confidence and momentum. If we lose to a lower echelon ACC team it will be tougher to recover.

This will really be Hunt's coming out game. He needs to play his best and if he does we will probably win. Our offense has a higher rating than theirs and we have played a much tougher schedule. Their D is better than ours so far, but again, we have played much tougher competition. Still, I think this is a game our D could lose - but I don't think they will.

If we still have assignment screw-ups, Coach Reed will have a lot to answer for. After all, getting beat by better players is no shame but beating yourself is something of which to be ashamed.

10-12 NC State (3-2) (0-2) Away
Beat La Tech 40-14, Richmond 23-21, Central Michigan 48-14
Lost to Clemson 14-26, Wake 13-28
This is a very winnable even though it is an away game.

Oct 19 Georgia Tech (3-2) (2-2) Away
Beat Elon 70-0, Duke 28-14, NC 28-20
Lost Va Tech 10-17. Miami 30-45
This game is a wildcard because of GT's triple option however, it must be seen as winnable.

11-2 Wake Forest (3-3) (1-2) Home
Beat Presbyterian 21-7, Army 25-11, NC State 28-13
Lost BC 10-24, ULM 19-21, Clemson 7-56,
Very winnable

11-9 Maryland (4-1) (0-1) Away
Beat Fl Intl 43-10, Old Dominion 47-10, UConn 32-21, West Va 37-0
Lost FSU 0-63

FSU
Probable Lose

Pitt (3-1) (2-1) Home
Beat New Mexico 49-27, Duke 58-55, Virginia 14-3
Lost FSU 13-41
Very winnable

Boston College (3-2) (1-1) Home
Beat Nova 24-14, Wake 24-10, Army 48-27
Lost USC 7-35, FSU 34-48
Very winnable

Go Cuse!

We have 7 games to win 4. Or, if you refer, 6 to win 4. excluding FSU. Of the 7 remaining games, 6 are clearly winnable. If we split those we will stay home during bowl season. We need to win all three remaining home games (Wake, Pitt and BC) and one road game.

Every remaining team on our schedule is probably not as good as the three teams to which we have lost.

Perhaps, the most crucial game in this weekend against the Wolfpack. While they played Clemson much tougher than us (which gave me false hopes) but they have not beaten anyone yet and they lost to Wake. This is a game we can win and I would say must win (if there is such a thing). If we win, we will be 3-3, which will feel so much better than 2-4. The team could gain some confidence and momentum. If we lose to a lower echelon ACC team it will be tougher to recover.

This will really be Hunt's coming out game. He needs to play his best and if he does we will probably win. Our offense has a higher rating than theirs and we have played a much tougher schedule. Their D is better than ours so far, but again, we have played much tougher competition. Still, I think this is a game our D could lose - but I don't think they will.

If we still have assignment screw-ups, Coach Reed will have a lot to answer for. After all, getting beat by better players is no shame but beating yourself is something of which to be ashamed.

10-12 NC State (3-2) (0-2) Away
Beat La Tech 40-14, Richmond 23-21, Central Michigan 48-14
Lost to Clemson 14-26, Wake 13-28

Oct 19 Georgia Tech (3-2) (2-2) Away
Beat Elon 70-0, Duke 28-14, NC 28-20
Lost Va Tech 10-17. Miami 30-45
This game is a wildcard because of GT's triple option however, it must be seen as winnable.

11-2 Wake Forest (3-3) (1-2) Home
Beat Presbyterian 21-7, Army 25-11, NC State 28-13
Lost BC 10-24, ULM 19-21, Clemson 7-56,
Very winnable

11-9 Maryland (4-1) (0-1) Away
Beat Fl Intl 43-10, Old Dominion 47-10, UConn 32-21, West Va 37-0
Lost FSU 0-63

FSU
Probable Lose

Pitt (3-1) (2-1) Home
Beat New Mexico 49-27, Duke 58-55, Virginia 14-3
Lost FSU 13-41
Very winnable

Boston College (3-2) (1-1) Home
Beat Nova 24-14, Wake 24-10, Army 48-27
Lost USC 7-35, FSU 34-48
Very winnable

Go Cuse!
Hope I'm wrong but it looks like 4-8 to me, 5-7 at best, just my opinion after watching 5 games. I'll save a little money over the holidays not having a bowl game to go to.

2-4 mentally is a lot harsher than 3-3 but again we have played 1 solid team PSU, A very good team in NW, a 4-2 Tulane which really isn't as bad as too many here feel, an excellent team in Clemson and the proverbial patsy in Wagner. A decent range of talent through out the first 5 games. What makes this a little harder to judge is that Hunt has only started 3 games.

All the games are winnable no doubt and this team has to take advantage of breaks, make some breaks and execute to the maximum efficiency from here on. Got to take care of business this Saturday.

2-4 mentally is a lot harsher than 3-3 but again we have played 1 solid team PSU, A very good team in NW, a 4-2 Tulane which really isn't as bad as too many here feel, an excellent team in Clemson and the proverbial patsy in Wagner. A decent range of talent through out the first 5 games. What makes this a little harder to judge is that Hunt has only started 3 games.

All the games are winnable no doubt and this team has to take advantage of breaks, make some breaks and execute to the maximum efficiency from here on. Got to take care of business this Saturday.
PSU has lost to UCF and Indiana. I realize UCF has been very respectable but that was at sappy valley.

PSU has lost to UCF and Indiana. I realize UCF has been very respectable but that was at sappy valley.

I said a good team and they are. SU has to start beating some of these Big 10 teams that we seem to be losing too a lot lately.

PSU is hard to judge. I thought we both stunk up the place but it was the first game of the season. One wonders what would have been had Hunt started - we'll never know.

PSU is hard to judge. I thought we both stunk up the place but it was the first game of the season. One wonders what would have been had Hunt started - we'll never know.
The one surprising thing about the Clemson game in watching the replay was that Hunt was given adequate timew to throw but he looked rattled from minute one. Hopefully he will be more comfortable Saturday.

I thought Hickey did a great job on "Beastly". He made a couple plays but overall I thought Hickey won the day. But I haven't watched the game again so maybe someone else can correct me.

My thoughts are the longer the season goes on the more beat up they will be also they are pretty much a one trick pony on offense and if you can stop that, you have a good chance of beating them.

Beasley made some plays for sure but in general Hunt had enough time, he couldnt find anyone...sometimes it was coverage and several times he just bad decisions or poor throws.

Win this weekend.

Ace in the hole for next weekend? GT will be spending this Saturday evening in Provo, UT. That's never easy to recover from in less than 7 full days.

Go into to the late October bye week feeling good. Win the game you need to win against Wake. Win another the following week at a hopefully crumbling by then Maryland. Skip the FSU game, you win. Then defend our home turf in winnable games against Pitt and BC.

8-4 (6-2), everyone's happy.

I worked late last night, didn't get a lot of sleep. Forgive me.

Win this weekend.

Ace in the hole for next weekend? GT will be spending this Saturday evening in Provo, UT. That's never easy to recover from in less than 7 full days.

Go into to the late October bye week feeling good. Win the game you need to win against Wake. Win another the following week at a hopefully crumbling by then Maryland. Skip the FSU game, you win. Then defend our home turf in winnable games against Pitt and BC.

8-4 (6-2), everyone's happy.

I worked late last night, didn't get a lot of sleep. Forgive me.
I'll have some of that kool-aid, please.

This is so tough... I'd love to come out and say "but guys we always have a shot" but FSU is a L...

I'd also love to say I have faith on the road against G Tech but I feel that's a longshot.

That leaves us NC St. (W), Wake (W), Maryland (W), Pit (so help me god this better be a fuggin W), and BC...

I have the utmost faith for a 7-5 successful season...

But Pitt and BC look like hearthbreakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom