The sequence that finally sold me on Rak... | Syracusefan.com

The sequence that finally sold me on Rak...

After missing a bunny left hook, he sprinted down the court and blocked Parker's fast-break layup.

No more Rak-sidasical play from our starting center. He is playing great now!
Was watching that play while reading your post! Funny thing about it is Rak got more of Parker's arm (after the fact) on that play than he did on the final play of the game against Hood.

You're right though, while watching the game with my wife I said to her "Rak is so athletic. He missed the layup on the other end, runs the whole way down the court and blocks the lay up on the other end." That's just an incredible play.

After missing a bunny left hook, he sprinted down the court and blocked Parker's fast-break layup.

No more Rak-sidasical play from our starting center. He is playing great now!
The dude is playing like a sr now, and its because hes been in so many big games. How many kids across the country can say theyve played in an elite 8, then a FF , then a game as big as that duke game?? Seriously. All that experience and athleticism, i think it is starting to click w him that if he goes into Beast Mode, we may be the best team in the country

The dude is playing like a sr now, and its because hes been in so many big games. How many kids across the country can say theyve played in an elite 8, then a FF , then a game as big as that duke game?? Seriously. All that experience and athleticism, i think it is starting to click w him that if he goes into Beast Mode, we may be the best team in the country
Russdiculous, Craft, and a handful of others including CJ and Baye!

Rak's free throws were huge too, especially late in the game. He went 3 for 4 but those 3 he made were absolutely clutch to say the least.

He is just oozing with potential. I wish like hell he could just maintain a high level for an extended period. It looks like he is on his way. God, he could be such a weapon at this level.

Yep. His free throw shooting is a huge asset. And even his misses around the rim are on target; not desperation heaves against the backboard (a la Coleman, at times).

If he develops a 15-20 foot jumper that can pull defenders away from the basket for McCullough or Grant (if he stays next year)...

We will be one of the scariest teams CBB has ever seen.

Yep. He has pretty much all the way arrived. I think JB completely trusts him now on defense. The only reason he came out during the first half vs. Duke was because he tried the "cute" up and under instead of going strong and JB didn't like it.

Do we have to werry (mike francesca) about Rak taking off for the league? Weren't there rumors of him leaving school after last season?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom