The special bond of Cuse Fans | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The special bond of Cuse Fans

I'll get pissy with you any time I choose. Feel lucky that I've even responded to you.

People who talk about what is "well known" tend to be dolts, and you seem to fit the profile.

Well, I'll back up what Mini said.

At the NC State game three years ago, Syracuse fans took over the arena. Many of fans were fine but a noticeable number of 'Cuse fans were people who left any manners they ever knew at home. One of them was running and jumping across rows of half filled seats and swearing at those who yelled at him. Others in the vendor areas were totally obnoxious, pushing and shoving by people when there was no reason for it.

Most people don't mind fans who yell and scream for their team. But it goes over the top when people just don't care who or how they offend people.

I've live in the Charlotte-Metro area for nearly 24 years now ranging from Lake Norman to Weddington, where I've resided the past 10 years. There are so many transplants from the northeast, midwest, etc., and Charlotte is very metropolitan, as is the Triangle area. I find it interesting in regards to all this honky tonk, "southern" vs. Yankee spiel.

Everyone's life experiences are different, so, I'm not going to attempt to say what that may be, but I haven't experienced the "Bless your heart" hospitality here at all. Goodness, I can't imagine how these folks down here will treat all of us SU fans if we actually ever become relative in the ACC, you know, win our first ACC tournament game, etc. ;):)

When you're loud and obnoxious, people assume your rude (or drunk). And Heck, most of our NYC fans look down on Syracuse (as a city).
true

Being a Yankee is not usually what I hear about Syracuse fans. The loud, drunk and rude criticisms are mentioned most often. Which puts most of us in the company of NC State fans. And what you call "passive aggressive" is usually called being polite. Apparently it's a southern thing.
yes,it is polite. in relation to our football team they are patronizing, as to our hoops team they are threatened, and thus call us loud drunk and whatever.it is true that they are more "gen-til'e" than us. but less trust worthy as you never really know where you stand

I can't recall anyone down here actually saying "Bless your heart" to me. But the same to the both of you.
they say it all the time, maybe its a deep south thing

Despite the fact that we’re still improving and growing as a college football gameday atmosphere under Dino, does anyone else get slightly emotional walking from tailgates/bars on Marshall and up the hill to the dome??

The band needs to be on the hill.

Cant wait to get back to harrison lot for our third year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom