The Spring Game as a fan-oriented event... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Spring Game as a fan-oriented event...

This seems crazy. They hold an event who's entire existence is to be a showcase for the fanbase, and they publicize a definitive start time... Then start early?!

It's insanity.

I defend the AD against a lot of the silly complaints people have, but that was inexcusable.

I've seen this stated in probably 50% of the posts (one way or another) along with the fact that practices have been closed, the rosters and full day was a waste... Perhaps the simple fact is the day was for coach marone and his team... and not for the fans. I'm not sayign thats right or wrong, but since everything else has been about what marrone wants and what he feels he needs to get the team ready, and not about the image of the program, perhaps this was too.

The only thing I can even think of with starting early is b/c marrone is a hardass and believes you are late if you are on time... maybe this had to do with him and having his team ready on the last day of practice before they were supposed to be ready (to play)

Exactly, taking what people say and put a spin on it and then come out against a phony made up premise!

People aren't renewing for those small reasons. Pile all those small reasons up on top of others and the losing year after year and you feel like SU football just kicks ya in the nuts time after time after time after time with all of this petty BS and after a while you just throw your hands up and say, "I QUIT"

Well, if you are a quitter than I guess it's a good thing that you are no longer a season ticket holder.

There's nothing wrong with rooting for another team.

Good luck and god speed.

I agree starting the 'game' early was not a good move but if you have ever been to a practice or read about a practice, you really should know that everything starts early at practice in the DM era. If they say it starts at 10 AM and we want to see it all, you better get there at 9:30 AM. Remember this for next time because I don't think it is going to change.
I find this irrelevant, bordering on rude.

Well, if you are a quitter than I guess it's a good thing that you are no longer a season ticket holder.

Good luck and god speed.
Keep waving goodbye to fans, OPA. You're not far from being able to walk up to any seat in the Dome you could ever desire.

On the positive side, the free food at Club 44 was delicious. Lobster salad, big scrimp, chocolate pastries, pulled pork sandwiches, sliders, pepperoni and cheese and crackers, even celery sticks. Weird that they were giving food away while the concession stands were also open and doing a brisk business.

I agree starting the 'game' early was not a good move but if you have ever been to a practice or read about a practice, you really should know that everything starts early at practice in the DM era. If they say it starts at 10 AM and we want to see it all, you better get there at 9:30 AM. Remember this for next time because I don't think it is going to change.

Is this some kind of joke?

Most people who want to go to a practice go to a practice called the Spring Game. So they probably wouldn't have experience knowing that these knuckleheads don't know how to tell time.

And where the hell would someone read about practices starting before they are scheduled to?

I don't know what is more stupid. Starting a practice that is for fans earlier than the fans realize or offering any sort of defense for it, no matter how mild.

Good luck and god speed.
once again, make something up out of thin air and then come out against it. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't that get a bit crowded with 81,000 fans on the field? Fan-friendly is one thing, just plain crazy is another.
for some reason that reminded me of my favorite spring game moment

was very drunk the night before, got more drunk at a board party before the game, go to the spring game, there's nobody there of course, they start the game with some field goal drill. i think it was johnny morant that was about 5 to 8 seconds offside. you couldn't be more offside. so the ref blows the whistle of course. my voice immodulation disorder kicks in and i yell "let em play, ref" which bounced around the empty dome like some brain damaged opera singer recorded in a cathedral. at which point the few people in attendance look at me and say I can't believe someone just heckled a ref 1 minute into the spring game (cto looked at me like I was a crazy person)

this was a precursor to chip and I years later using the empty dome to our advantage yelling at the victorious louisville team celebrating with their 6 to 8 family members in red that made up their entire road fan base. "nobody likes you! you have no friends!" which amused the ushers for a minute or two before they realized we had no intention of ever stopping or leaving

upon further reflection, you probably had to be there but i'm still going to hit "post reply" in 3.2.1..

Speaking of OSU, I loved their idea of inviting fans onto the field to distract their kicker:
Ohio-State-kick.jpg

I think they let everyone group around for an Oklahoma-type drill also.

We didn't do that due to liability reasons of our kicker drilling someone in the face.