The staff and recruiting PGs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The staff and recruiting PGs

Cut it out with BJ. Even the version you see today wouldn't play much here. Who does he play over? Lydon? No. White? No. Roberson? Possibly but not a slam dunk (Robey will still have a good season I think even though he has struggled of late). Battle? Doubtful. Taurean? Probably not.

The player we could use, shockingly, is Kaleb Joseph. As mediocre as he was, he right now would be our #1 PG.

Cut it out with BJ. Even the version you see today wouldn't play much here. Who does he play over? Lydon? No. White? No. Roberson? Possibly but not a slam dunk (Robey will still have a good season I think even though he has struggled of late). Battle? Doubtful. Taurean? Probably not.

The player we could use, shockingly, is Kaleb Joseph. As mediocre as he was, he right now would be our #1 PG.
Except that prior to last season, JAB said that if Howard had been on the team during Kaleb's frosh year, FH would have started at PG. Kaleb didn't improve last year and MG took over PG duties and then Joseph found the deep bench. Howard played PG over Kaleb last season. Joseph wasn't getting any better.

What the team needs is the Kaleb Joseph that everyone thought they were getting.

But isn't it JB's job to see the player he would become and nurture him and help him get there? Oh wait... he doesn't have the patience to develop players any more.
I believe BJ and his dad made the decision to not redshirt. Tough for a skinny 17 year old to compete against much older and physically developed players at this level of basketball.

It seemed that KJ was pretty much written off by the staff during his freshman year, that's what it seemed like to me. And then once they anointed MG the starter pre-season last year, I would guess KJ may have checked out. He was bad -- comically bad -- in the limited time he was out there last year. But I have a feeling he is going to fit in well at Creighton. This was just not the right situation for him. Sad because he really bled orange.

While PG is a concern, the 5 is a concern as well.

I guess we have TT but I'd honestly rather see him play the 4.

While PG is a concern, the 5 is a concern as well.

I guess we have TT but I'd honestly rather see him play the 4.
That would be ideal, but as long as Lydon is here, I'd prefer Lydon to get the bulk of the minutes at the 4.

That would be ideal, but as long as Lydon is here, I'd prefer Lydon to get the bulk of the minutes at the 4.

Have a feeling we're going to see a lot of what we saw from him during the GT game, only because I think that is our only chance to win games, maybe to not the extent that he played during that game but I wouldn't be surprised if he averaged 20 ppg the rest of the way.

He almost has to leave after this year.

Have a feeling we're going to see a lot of what we saw from him during the GT game, only because I think that is our only chance to win games, maybe to not the extent that he played during that game but I wouldn't be surprised if he averaged 20 ppg the rest of the way.

He almost has to leave after this year.
You might be right. But he still needs to look for his shot more for that to happen. He only took 13 shots Saturday. Gillon took 14 and White never seems to have any problem launching shots as per JB's instruction.

You're right about him leaving too, especially if he has a bunch of games similar the last one.

Last edited:

Read it and weep. I did. :(

B.J. Johnson Nets Second A10 Player of the Week Award; Also Named Big 5 Player of Week