The state of new jersey is officially open for business.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The state of new jersey is officially open for business..

I think Marrone will continue to struggle against Flood recruiting wise and if you have a bad season next year he will be on the hot seat and things might get even more dismal on the recruiting trail...

I'm having trouble understanding this, I realize this isn't your board but maybe you could find the time to make sense of this. If SU had an absolutely terrible year but still ended up with it's best recruiting class in a very long time, how could recruiting become "even more dismal"? It has actually gotten better so I'm just confused how it could go from really good to "even more dismal" in 1 year?

Obviously this doesn't logically make sense; so I guess you made a mistake trying to type really fast so you could get back to your team board or your just misinformed because again, this isn't your team board.

This is what kills me about the Marrone hires. Open season in NJ, and he hires two guys with absolutely no ties to the east coast...

Fantastic

Supposedly the staff is out in front on recruiting. 2013 will be a smaller class. Maybe Marrone is comfortable targeting NY, OH, MI, GA and FL to fill out the class.

Unless we are getting guys who are young and taking a big step up, we are not going to be convincing people to jump ship.

So instead, we go after an old, washed up NFL re-tread that is coaching in the UFL...or was it the Arena Football League?

I'm not a Marrone hater by any stretch. But taking into account the way he coached out last season, HCDM hasn't exactly been filling me with the "warm and fuzzies" lately.

blah blah blah blah blah blah Marrone blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Flood blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Snookie blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah recruiting blah blah blah blah blah blah blah USC blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah B1G Expansion blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ...

piss off back to your own board.

flood hasnt coached 1 friggin game-nor has he recruited for himself-

this is rutgirls style-brag about things you want to but have never won or done

Flood is about to lay the biggest turd known to man this year, Rutgers is done. The guy is in way way over his head, Schiano's old staff couldn't get out fast enough

Flood is about to lay the biggest turd known to man this year, Rutgers is done. The guy is in way way over his head

And then will have nothing to sell. One of the dumber things Rutgers did was to tell ND they weren't playing them if the game was in NYC.

Even if Syracuse doesn't capitalize on NJ, everyone else in a big boy conference will. Going to be a lot of wasted space and $ in that expanded stadium.

Doug realizes that he has to win this year. Next years recruits wont be his if he tanks

Perhaps, but a very good recruiting class could also buy him some time. Worked for Flood:)

I think Marrone will continue to struggle against Flood recruiting wise and if you have a bad season next year he will be on the hot seat and things might get even more dismal on the recruiting trail...

Anselmo and Marrone have completely shut down Flood in NYC and LI. Al Page was the last city kid you’ll land that Syracuse wants. And Flood can forget about any kid north of the City.

There’s going to be some city players this year that both schools want – you’ll see how it shakes out.

Flood is a clown and has made Rutgers irrelevant without ever coaching one game

This is what kills me about the Marrone hires. Open season in NJ, and he hires two guys with absolutely no ties to the east coast...

Fantastic

When do you think those offers were made? Was there any indication until the last week of January that Schiano was leaving.

When do you think those offers were made? Was there any indication until the last week of January that Schiano was leaving.

So then why wait until after recruiting season to hire them? Why not have 2 more recruiters on the trail?

Schiano leaving should have been a non-issue. Even if he remained at RU, I would've expected at least one new hire (if not both) to have some type of history in recruiting NJ....or at the very least have experience recruiting on the east coast.

In my opinion, the fact that Shady left (coupled with the new vulnerability of NJ recruiting) highlights the tactical error made by HCDM. If he were genuinely interested in re-establishing connections in NJ, he didn't prove it with these hires.

I'd bet a paycheck that Pasqualoni and Deleone will not let this opportunity pass.

And what would those two have done in the last month of recruiting? SU was focused on adding a handful of new guys and holding on to the commits they had. It wasn't like they need to cover the whole country trying to fill the class.

Introducing new players when you are trying to close or retain sales is not a best practice.

I'd be happy to see SU get 2-5 kids from jersey and I'd have to think that they have been building relationships since Marrone has been here.

And what would those two have done in the last month of recruiting? SU was focused on adding a handful of new guys and holding on to the commits they had. It wasn't like they need to cover the whole country trying to fill the class.

Introducing new players when you are trying to close or retain sales is not a best practice.

This isn't about what these coaches could have done this year. Its about re-establishing a recruiting area that you can pull talent from over the next 5-10-15-20 years.

This is a chance to re-establish long term connections in a recruiting area we lost to Rutgers. Instead, we got an vagabond NFL re-tread as a band-aid fix.

This isn't about what these coaches could have done this year. Its about re-establishing a recruiting area that you can pull talent from over the next 5-10-15-20 years.

This is a chance to re-establish long term connections in a recruiting area we lost to Rutgers. Instead, we got an vagabond NFL re-tread as a band-aid fix.

I was answering the question asked.

Do you really believe that he didn't take into account recruiting when he made his hires?

Do you really believe that he didn't take into account recruiting when he made his hires?

Absolutely I believe he took recruiting into account. That's apparent with the Morrison hire and the desire to get a stronger foothold in Ohio/Michigan.

But there's very little in Donnie Harrison's resume that leads me to believe recruiting played an integral part in his particular hire. You were right to think some would be underwhelmed by this hire.

Everytime this arguement comes up I am inclined to ask the high end talent we ever got out of NJ. Big talents out of NJ usually go to football factories (Penn State, Notre Dame, Etc.)

Henderson is unproven obviously, but being from Baltimore and having coached for the Ravens at one point gives him an in to an area (Baltimore, DC Metro) that I would much rather be recruiting than NJ.

Not that we should ignore NJ but I'm fine with 2-3 NJ kids per year if the alternative is getting more kids from Mid Atlantic states.