Destry Rides Again. just love westerns
The Roaring Twenties

Stagecoach - same here..

The Wizard of Oz
Young Mr. Lincoln - henry fonda is great

Buck Rodgers
Fast and Furious.. Who knew it would spawn so many sequels
Swanee River. before things were politically correct

'39's when I start to have opinions. Mr. Smith is it for me, too. Wizard of Oz, Ninotchka are great.

Gone with the Wind doesn't really do it for me. Stagecoach is cool, but I'm not a big Western guy.

'39's when I start to have opinions. Mr. Smith is it for me, too. Wizard of Oz, Ninotchka are great.

Gone with the Wind doesn't really do it for me. Stagecoach is cool, but I'm not a big Western guy.

GWTW has some great things in it- the score, Clark Gable as Rhett Butler, the dramatic war scenes. But I just don't like Scarlett O'Hara and don't see why Rhett would be fascinated by here. And I'm aware that African Americans don't see the film as much different that Birth of a nation, even if they don't break out the white sheets.

GWTW has some great things in it- the score, Clark Gable as Rhett Butler, the dramatic war scenes. But I just don't like Scarlett O'Hara and don't see why Rhett would be fascinated by here. And I'm aware that African Americans don't see the film as much different that Birth of a nation, even if they don't break out the white sheets.

Yep, those are two of my biggest concerns. Vivian Leigh is brutal to watch, and the race stuff (not the antebellum story being told, but the 1939 depiction of it) is distasteful

Yep, those are two of my biggest concerns. Vivian Leigh is brutal to watch, and the race stuff (not the antebellum story being told, but the 1939 depiction of it) is distasteful

Ms. Leigh played Scarlett well the way she was written but she never grows out of her childish self-involvement, even after her traumatic war experiences. Rhett is a person of quality and discernment, (despite his roguish reputation) and admires the good qualities of others, like Melanie and Mammie. But those qualities clearly fail him with Scarlett.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom