The Strain vs. The Walking Dead | Syracusefan.com

The Strain vs. The Walking Dead

BlazeOrange

Starter
Two shows with supernatural apocalypses full of people making bad decisions. Let's compare.

Our Hero: Rick Grimes >> Ephraim Goodweather; big edge Walking Dead
Wise Old Man: Abraham Setrakian >Hershel Greene>> Dale Horvath - Abe sees how it is, not how it should be; edge Strain
Fan Favorite Loner: Vasiliy Fet > Daryl Dixon - close call here and I'm probably in the minority; slim edge Strain
Annoying Kid: Carl Grimes >> Zach Goodweather - Zach will have to do alot of stupid things to catch Carl; big edge Walking Dead
Annoying Mom: Lori Grimes >>> Kelly Goodweather - see above, plus Kelly went through a proper separation before hooking up with someone else; big edge Walking Dead
Romantic Rival: Shane Walsh > Matt Sayles - Shane was helpful part of the time; edge Walking Dead
Show Hottie: Dutch Velders = Maggie Greene - different types for different tastes, it's all good: Even
Spontaneous Intercourse-having Sidekick: Andrea > Nora Martinez - Andrea could at least kick butt while Nora is still in shock/denial; edge Walking Dead
Villian: Thomas Eichorst = The Governor - I went back and forth on this one and couldn't decide; Even
Turncoat: Jim Kent > Merle Dixon - he was much weaselier, but Jim did it with good intentions; Edge Strain
On the Run Guy: Gus > Glenn - Glenn can take a beating, but Gus can deliver one: Edge Strain
Slayer: Michonne vs. Vampire killing group - we haven't seen enough of the latter to make a call yet: Edge TBD

Score so far: Walking Dead - 5; The Strain - 4

Good comparison but I've only watched Walking Dead. Love that show - one of my favorites on TV. Can't wait for a couple more weeks til season 5 starts. Rick is gonna be a real bad ass this season.

Glenn over Gus every day of the week. Glenn hasn't gotten the type of portrayal on the show he deserves; he's freaking awesome in the comics.

I would also put Maggie over Dutch, because while, sure, Dutch is hot, Maggie is hot and actually contributes to the group, while Dutch just gets drunk and mopes.

I'd also give Eichorst the edge over Governor, and I never thought I'd say it but I think I actually have to agree with you that Fet gets the nod over Daryl.

Also, Rick is just kind of meh, but Eph is the absolute worst. I mean just the worst.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom