The streak is officially preserved... | Syracusefan.com

The streak is officially preserved...

giphy.gif

Never in doubt

Just kidding. I didn't think we had a chance after the BC debacle. I honestly thought we may only win 2-3ACC games. I'm an idiot I guess.

I'll admit after that first ACC game I was questioning who we could beat in the conference. I knew we pull something together since we always do, but I couldn't see it that evening, haha.

I want to make sure I have this talking point correct.

SU basketball has the longest current streak of winning seasons of the four major pro sports, college football and college basketball. Is that right?

SU basketball has the longest current streak of winning seasons of the four major pro sports, college football and college basketball. Is that right?
Don't know, but that sounds right.

Our last true losing season was 68-69. The clowns at the NCAA will say we had losing seasons in '05-06, '06-07, and '11-'12, which is a scam.

Since our last losing season, Duke has had 6 losing seasons (3 under K). UNC had just one (under Doherty), UCLA has had 4, Kansas has had 4 (all under Ted Owens in the 70's and early 80's), Kentucky has had 1 (Eddie Sutton, late 80's), Louisville has had 3 (Denny Crum in the 90's), Arizona has had 8 (70's and 80's), UConn has had 8 (70's/80's), Indiana has had 5, etc.

I doubt any college football program has had this many consecutive winning seasons and definitely no pro team.

I doubt any college football program has had this many consecutive winning seasons and definitely no pro team.

The longest current streak is Florida State at 32 straight years. The longest streak in CFB history is Penn State at 49 between 1939-1987.

Confirmed.

Losing seasons? Not these consistent winners.

Next step is the all time longest streak for college hoops - UCLA with 54. Not sure about other sports.

The Yankees had 39 straight winning seasons from 1926-64.

The Canadians had 32 straight from 1951-83.

The longest NFL streak is 20 years.

The longest NBA streak is 19 and counting (San Antonio)

The longest current streak is Florida State at 32 straight years. The longest streak in CFB history is Penn State at 49 between 1939-1987.

That's insane (FSU)

Don't know, but that sounds right.

Our last true losing season was 68-69. The clowns at the NCAA will say we had losing seasons in '05-06, '06-07, and '11-'12, which is a scam.

Since our last losing season, Duke has had 6 losing seasons (3 under K). UNC had just one (under Doherty), UCLA has had 4, Kansas has had 4 (all under Ted Owens in the 70's and early 80's), Kentucky has had 1 (Eddie Sutton, late 80's), Louisville has had 3 (Denny Crum in the 90's), Arizona has had 8 (70's and 80's), UConn has had 8 (70's/80's), Indiana has had 5, etc.

Looks like Linfield has the honor of the longest streak of consecutive winning seasons in college football history with 56. While we are second, there is still some work to do here to be #1 in both sports.

LINFIELD WILDCATS FOOTBALL

FYI, that Penn State streak is for non-losing seasons, so as with any good measure, they are completely disqualified.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom