The SU-UL Series is kind of a dud ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The SU-UL Series is kind of a dud ...

The Cards have basically owned us since joining the Big East, minus their Kragthorpe years. I have more vitriol for the Cards than I do NC State or Duke or NC. We've played them every single year for the past 15-16 years? This is absolutely a game people should get up for. Time to take our pride back. UL can get stuffed.

Oh yeah and there's that whole bowl eligibility thing. I'm pretty pumped for this game TBH.

And what's with the MD love around here? To me they are one of the most boring D1 teams to have ever existed. Right up there with Illinois and Minnesota.
That’s the amazing thing. We’ve played them every year for a decade and a half, and I still can’t tell you one “moment” of our rivalry. My most clear recollection of playing Louisville, is beating them in Japan in the Coca Cola game in 1989 i think.

That this series is poop.

Well, it doesn't help that we are 2-9 in our last 11 games against them.

That's halfway to our "rivalry" with Penn State.

Well, it doesn't help that we are 2-9 in our last 11 games against them.

That's halfway to our "rivalry" with Penn State.

But our fans were always excited about Penn State. If we were 4-5 against Louisville, would people suddenly think this was a better rivalry?

I doubt it.

But our fans were always excited about Penn State. If we were 4-5 against Louisville, would people suddenly think this was a better rivalry?

I doubt it.

Three things build rivalries:

1. Playing close games against each other, year after year.
2. Having at least some of those close games be "Games That Matter".
3. The occurrence of something smug, disrespectful, insulting from the opposing team, their coach or their fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom