The Succulent 7 Keeping BE Name | Syracusefan.com

The Succulent 7 Keeping BE Name

Wonder what they'll call the big clusterfack.

Also looking to add Butler and Xavier...deal is close.

If they actually named it the Sun Beast I think would donate some money to the new conference. If they wanted to maximize earnings should they sell the name rights to the conference to a corporation like the Barclay's Premier League.
I am shocked that the brands of Villanova, Marquette, Georgetown, St. John's are carrying Providence, DePaul, Seton Hall (even with Butler, Xavier, and Creighton) to a pay day more than UConn will receive for its Football AND Basketball its so funny that its kinda sad for UConn. I realize FOX is overpaying for the C7 but it is really overspending to get maybe the 4th best conference each year in Basketball. UConn has 4 Final Fours since 1999 and C7 have 3 Final Four appearances and 0 NCs among all 7 schools since 1990.

Wonder what they'll call the big clusterfack.
"The Great Unwanted"

"The Big Nobodies"

ODLBF - "Official Development League of the Big Five"

NLUC - "Nobody Loves Us Conference"

So who gets their hoops tourney at MSG? According to the previous article in the NY Post, MSG has no interest in the Uconn/Cincy/SMU/UCF conference. Will it be the C7 or the ACC? Maybe they can work out an alternating year rotation of the two. Maybe Swofford could sell that to the Carolina schools...alternating years at MSG and Greensboro.

So who gets their hoops tourney at MSG? According to the previous article in the NY Post, MSG has no interest in the Uconn/Cincy/SMU/UCF conference. Will it be the C7 or the ACC? Maybe they can work out an alternating year rotation of the two. Maybe Swofford could sell that to the Carolina schools...alternating years at MSG and Greensboro.

The Catholic 7/Big East tourney at MSG will be a flop without Syracuse and UConn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was curious to see what the biggest attendance was for STJ's this year at MSG against the Catholic 7.

Seton Hall: 7641
DePaul: Played at CARNESECCA ARENA)
Georgetown: 11057
Marquette: Play on 3/9
Didnt play Providence or Villanova this year at "home"

Oh...and the attendance for Syracuse v Temple, 12,648.

So...yeah. If ACC wants it, I'm sure they can have it when they want it. Of course, our "friends" at UNC , Wake, etc will hang onto their Greensboro, Atlanta bullshit for dear life.

From the ESPN article
Sources said Notre Dame has planned on remaining in the Big East for the 2013-14 academic year as long as the Catholic 7 schools did so. However, if those schools left before then, the Fighting Irish would also look to join the ACC this summer.
If unable to join the ACC in 2013-14, the Fighting Irish would consider spending one season in the Catholic 7 league before moving to the ACC in 2014, a source said.

How the hell does Notre Dame have the arrogance to actually try this. Yeah, we helped destroy your conference, but hey we will join your new conference 1 year just so our alums can have another good schedule of games to watch. Notre Dame should be stuck in purgatory for 1 year in the Sun Beast next year like we did this year before joining the ACC.

Someone should remind the C-7, there's a Pope available.

Who goes over to the UConn expansion board to congratulate them for leaving the Big East?

Wonder where UConn's new conference will play their basketball tourney?

Philly?
Memphis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on campus? or some rotation of the rock,memphis,connecticut,philadelphia and somewhere in florida?

A lot of us may want to joke about the new Big East but the Catholic 7 and the schools that may join them may very well be a terrific basketball league. We'll have to see what recruits think of them over the next several years.

A lot of us may want to joke about the new Big East but the Catholic 7 and the schools that may join them may very well be a terrific basketball league. We'll have to see what recruits think of them over the next several years.
It's okay to joke about the new Big East because UConn is SOL.

The new basketball league with the Catholic schools, if they add Xavier, Butler, and Creighton as rumored, could be a very good basketball league. And UConn will be left playing SMU.

No doubt. And, these basketball only schools will continue to get very good recruits as they have great hoops tradition. They will still get plenty of air time on TV, and as long as they're getting that kind of exposure, imo, it will not really affect the quality of their recruiting.

I agree with you jekelish but I still find it hard to believe that UConn will not end up somewhere good. I may be wrong and I'd be OK with that :)

Although I understand the point you're making, if recruits weren't banging down the doors of GTown, Providence, Villanova, etc, over the past few years when they were playing teams like SU, Pitt, ND, UConn and Louisville, I don't see what additional draw those schools gain with the additions of Butler, Creighton and Xavier. Also, going from the ESPN family to Fox Sports isn't necessarily a positive either. They will be a heck of a bball conference, but the bigger conferences will still have an advantage.

The boon for the C7 Big East will be if they lock up MSG. That would be huge for them.