The suspense... | Syracusefan.com

The suspense...

Lawrinson14

Master Image Editor
Only 2 games in and this year is shaping up to be a fun ride. I have absolutely no idea what to expect out of this team in MSG. And it's awesome!

They could get blown away by cal. They could blow away cal. Nothing would shock me at this point with all SU's new pieces. Even better, I think this team, unlike most SU teams, will actually get better as the season goes on.

I'm leaning toward a non blow out either way. I think we can expect our defense to keep us in almost every game this year and to only improve as we go along. That said I think we can expect to have some offensive struggles especially early on and probably even a couple of stinkers before we really get things going.

To be honest, I have a similar feeling with this team that I did with the 2009-2010 team going into their nonconference tourney. I'm not saying this team is or will be as good, but I like the feeling of not know what to expect and being surprised (hopefully in a good way).

I expect this to be like many JB teams. Ho hum past a few cupcakes then win some early season tournament.

Lawrinson, I've felt the same way about this team. So many new parts and pieces makes it exciting moving forward into the season and the prospect of having the team continue to improve throughout the season and becoming a team that can make some noise in March is intriguing.

I've decided ahead of time to give this team 3 or 4 hall passes to really play some stinkers on account of inexperience and JB letting them take some lumps as a learning moment and the fact that there are times when some individuals cannot seem to find the bottom of the basket.

I really think they will be on a trajectory of continual improvement unlike last years squad which played it's best ball early on rather than later on.

Maybe later in the year our defense will keep us in most any game. Right now, we have a problem with our wings doing their job. Could be JB will be doing a lot of lecturing Thursday and Friday.

I am totally complacent in expecting a win. We've seen this so many times. The team usually looks average to good, then gets to a preseason and just simply handles high D1 competition. I bet the zone will look much better in NY and we'll hit shots too.

I just expect us to win any early season tournament we are in. Don't you all?

Absolutely not for me. This team is still a mystery. They did well against Carleton, their only test so far. Carleton has since played 4 games and won them all by an ave. of +30 pts. So I am optimistic we are good.

Cal has a new coach and were NIT last year. However, they have a 7 ft So. center, who was injured last year and is back ready to challenge Rak. They also have a So. 6'-6" McDaa PG, that may be more than Joseph can handle. It will be a great game. Since I have tickets for the finals, I am really hoping you are correct.

Ah, what the hell. Cuse will blow them out!

blow-out.jpg

Only 2 games in and this year is shaping up to be a fun ride. I have absolutely no idea what to expect out of this team in MSG. And it's awesome!

They could get blown away by cal. They could blow away cal. Nothing would shock me at this point with all SU's new pieces. Even better, I think this team, unlike most SU teams, will actually get better as the season goes on.
What's interesting abou this team is that we might already be better than we've looked and we have tremendous upside. Even in the midst of being undefeated there seemed some obvious limits last year. This year you could have any of 7-8 guys go off.

I expect this to be like many JB teams. Ho hum past a few cupcakes then win some early season tournament.
Texas (if we play them on Friday) is no cupcake. I would be surprised (happily surprised, but nonetheless surprised) if we leave NYC with two wins.

John Rothstein said today that Texas' first eight players are comparable to Kentucky's first eight.

I am totally complacent in expecting a win. We've seen this so many times. The team usually looks average to good, then gets to a preseason and just simply handles high D1 competition. I bet the zone will look much better in NY and we'll hit shots too.
Yes.
No disrespect to Cal and no disrespect to Texas.
We will win this.
giphy.gif

cto said:
Texas (if we play them on Friday) is no cupcake. I would be surprised (happily surprised, but nonetheless surprised) if we leave NYC with two wins.

I didn't say texas was a cupcake. They are very good.

All the unknowns due to the new faces and the opportunities waiting to be taken advantage of make really look forward to this season. They obviously have great potential, and it's going to be some fun watching them develop.

John Rothstein said today that Texas' first eight players are comparable to Kentucky's first eight.

With all due respect, J-Roth isn't exactly my first go-to if I want the unfiltered truth about a college basketball team.

About 130 teams in the country according to him are "sleepers" and 85 teams are going to make the NCAA Tournament.

Dude is a clown.

Im more interested in the rotation than the actual results. Im probably the only one that feels that way though.

We already won in the coaching category against Texas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom