the talent pool criteria | Syracusefan.com

the talent pool criteria

tbonezone

Living Legend
are there indeed people out there who never played backcourt for the syracuse orangeman who might know a little about fundamental basketball principles , basic recruiting strategies and developing young talent ?

intriguing concept.

are there indeed people out there who never played backcourt for the syracuse orangeman who might know a little about fundamental basketball principles , basic recruiting strategies and developing young talent ?

intriguing concept.
Don't you think it is self serving to write a post and than you call your own post a intriguing concept?

intriguing refers to the concept. not the poster. original thought ? hardly. in fact most successful teams follow that most intriguing precept. in the NCAA syracuse alone seems to be setting off on this new course.

all syracuse all guard staff. how's that working out ? we're ranked what ?

Last edited:
intriguing refers to the concept. not the poster. original thought ? hardly. in fact most successful teams follow that most intriguing precept. in the NCAA syracuse alone seems to be setting off on this new course.

So our ranking is somehow tied to the composition of coaching staff?

And that if we had coaches who played other positions and and went to other schools we would be ranked higher? Or at least that seems to be the suggestion.

I forget, what position did the assistant coach play in college that developed Seikaly and Schayes?

I can think of other adjectives beside "intriguing" for that idea.

I think our non ranking is more closely tied to being on probation than having a staff full of guys who played guard.

what exactly is the syracuse system ?
a. play 100 % zone defense. nobody else does.
b. play your starters 40 minutes . nobody else does.
c. hire ex players (esp guards) exclusively for assistant spots. nobody else does.

if this was a magic formula for success (which clearly it is not) everybody would do it.

nobody else does.

its funny how much I hate system coaches, AV with the Rangers...Jackson destroying the Knicks...all except Dino

c. hire ex players (esp guards) exclusively for assistant spots. nobody else does.

if this was a magic formula for success (which clearly it is not) everybody would do it.

nobody else does.

So the key to success is to do what everyone else does?

nobody else does.
LOL How many others have had the success we have had? We have had two final fours in the last 4 years. And this season isn't over yet.

"So our ranking is somehow tied to the composition of coaching staff? "

what else would it be tied to ? honestly ? who puts the team together? molds them ? just boggles my brain.